We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
As a Salesforce developer, you will provide high level expertise in design, development and functionality of business applications. You will be responsible for developing solution design and development. Review and validate other project deliverables provided by suppliers. Recommend test criteria and support implementation activities. Liaise with product owners and generate key insights that influence business decision and technology solutions. You will be part of the application team supporting Salesforce transformational programs for Service Operations.
Essential Job Functions
* Responsible for overall application system analysis, design and development.
* Develop and maintain applications on the Salesforce platform.
* Collaborate with product owners to identify product and technical requirements, and act as a subject matter expert for the assigned project.
* Analyzing business requirements to independently convert them into system requirements.
* Work closely with business teams to strategize solutions that support long term business objectives.
* Work closely with developers and QA to ensure requirements and design are fully understood.
* Supports implementation activities and troubleshooting system environmental issues.
* Estimate Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
Education Requirements: Four year degree in Math, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience.
* Seven to ten years of relevant IT experience in system analysis, design and development.
* Minimum 3 years of Salesforce platform experience (5+ years preferred).
* Expert understanding of the Salesforce.com product suite including Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Platform and the AppExchange.
* Should have done at least 3 Service Cloud (Case, CTI, Live Agent, Knowledge, Community) Implementations.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Telephony, Chat, Mobile, Web, Social as customer service channels.
* Configuration experience using the Salesforce.com point-and-click developer interface.
* Knowledge of integration architecture as well as third-party integration tools and Web Services API and third-party integration tools (Jitterbit, Cast Iron, Mulessoft, ESBs, Pervasive, Talend etc.,).
* Strong background in design and development of enterprise systems as part of a complete software product lifecycle.
* Salesforce Certified Administrator and Platform App Builder certifications required. Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant and Advanced Administrator certifications preferred.
* Strong analytical, problem solving/decision making skills.
* Expert customer facing communication skills.
Special Skill Requirement
* Good written and oral skills in local language.
Internal HR Title: App SME III
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 06/04/2019