* Be an early member of the team at a startup that is shaping
* the future of digital distribution.
* Work in small groups within a flat organization.
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
* We don't track vacation days.
* A budget to setup your workspace exactly how you want it.
* Work at home and/or within blocks of the beach.
Architect, design and implement features directly into our suite of applications. You will start from scratch for some features and add on to others that have already been implemented. You will own projects from start to finish.
What we are looking for
* Super smart software engineer with 3-5 years of experience building Ruby applications (or with 3-5 years experience with another awesome interpreted language).
* Someone willing to work on the entire stack from back to front.
* Someone with experience building products with real-world usage.
* A detail-oriented, exceptional problem solver, who is most comfortable in an agile workflow.
* Someone who is up to speed on Git, continuous deployment, and a practitioner of test driven-development.
* Someone with a deep understanding of the value of design practices in the lifecycle of software product development - especially the principles of design-driven development and data-driven design
* Someone who can show off something they have created or worked on (preferably a web app).
* Someone who works and acts like OpenPlay is their very own startup...because it will be.
* Strong understanding of Sinatra framework and PostgreSQL.
* Experience with any of the following: Unicorn, Nginx, Cuba, Redis.
* Experience in music, television, or film industries.
* Experience with digital asset management (DAM) and related systems.
* Worked at or founded a startup.
* Not afraid to fail fast and fail often.
Based on experience. Salary plus equity participation.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with (1) a resume or GitHub link and (2) a summary of the products you're most proud of and how they work.
We respect the maker's schedule. We prefer short meetings or no meetings at all. We believe in building something wonderful and we know that in order to do that, we need to surround ourselves with the smartest people we can find, then give them autonomy, responsibility, and recognition. We move fast and we like simple, elegant things.
OpenPlay solutions power workflow and process management for some of the world's biggest media companies. We are looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on some of the biggest challenges in entertainment as we seek to revolutionize the creation, management, and distribution of critical media assets for major studios, record labels, and global brands.