If you enjoy innovating and solving challenging problems in operating systems, hypervisors, cloud platforms, and distributed systems, this is the job for you. Being part of the Systems group at Microsoft Research Redmond gives you to the unique opportunity to work on new problems and influence the next generation of products in the computer industry.
* A PhD in Computer Science or in a related discipline is a plus, but not strictly required.
* 5 years of programming experience in C/C++ and/or C#/Java, including PhD time.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively in a team.
* Passion for technology and innovation.
* Working knowledge of the internals of one or more of the following: Windows/Linux kernel, a cloud computing platform, a large-scale data analytics platform, another distributed system.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
This research software developer position involves working with researchers and developers in a start-up-like environment. You will be expected to transform project guidelines or specifications into concrete system architectures and implementations. You will collaborate closely with Microsoft's major product groups, such as Azure, Office, and Bing.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.