At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Summary: Join an energetic team developing, testing, and integrating advanced audio processing technology for multi-user speech applications on embedded platforms. This research engineering position is with the Core Technology Engine group, responsible for the development, productization and maintenance of all AI engines within Nuance.
* Provide C++ and C software support for research team and product engineering with emphasis on usage, evaluation, and development of audio processing technology.
* Integrate support of Nuance's speech signal enhancement software on embedded device.
* Develop test infrastructure supporting researchers in evaluating performance of speech signal processing technology.
* Collaborate with researchers for integration of advanced and emerging audio processing solutions
* Analyze and refactor signal enhancement code
Number of Years of Work Experience: 3-5
* Software engineering experience in product, middleware, or research role.
* Experience developing with C++ using object oriented design principles
* Experience with Python
* Refactoring experience dealing legacy C or C++ code
* Experience developing for Linux OS environments
* Proven success working in a small team environment amidst several other teams contributing to the product development.
* Interested in speech recognition technology and the ability to grasp algorithms quickly.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills (listening and delivering).
* Ability to work with cross-disciplinary teams local and remote (spread over many countries and continents).
* Experience developing on Android platform.
* Programming skills with MATLAB
* Experience with audio processing
* Background knowledge and hands-on experiences with signal processing technologies.
* Good knowledge on acoustic echo cancellation, beamforming and noise reduction technology
* Academic or professional background in digital signal processing, speech and audio processing or similar
Education: The candidate should have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Nuance Communications is a company providing voice recognition and natural language understanding solutions.