"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) is looking for a Senior Red Team Operator to provide onsite and offsite support in Washington, DC/Reston, VA (100%); 15%-25% travel required. The Senior Red Team Operator will support Jacobs's expansion of its security, privacy, and incident response practices. Our teams provide full-scope Cyber Security services including: Strategic Planning, Continuous Controls Assessments, Penetration Testing, Engineering, Security Operations Center, and Incident Response. Our Red Team provides advanced, in-depth assessment of client environments, working with Security Operations Centers to understand the tactics and indicators of attack from advanced actors. This position will utilize advanced penetration testing, social engineering, and physical security tactics to discover organizational and operational weaknesses. The Team will provide expert advice to include both technical and executive-level reports in order to assist in remediating these vulnerabilities. We are growing our teams of skilled security professionals with those who are interested in taking their careers to the next level in cybersecurity by developing innovative solutions that advance the field and deliver meaningful risk reduction.
Duties will include:
* Perform in-depth Red Team engagements within digital, social, and physical realms
* Intelligence gathering and social engineering
* Network and web application penetration testing
* Physical security assessments
* Develop innovative tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
* Provide internal training and resources for junior staff
* Interface with client(s) to plan, scope, and coordinate engagements in a professional manner
* Prepare and deliver well documented reports identifying weaknesses to include mitigation strategies
* Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, IT Security, Network Systems Technology or related field or equivalent experience plus five (5) to seven (7) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
* Minimum of ten years professional IT-related experience OR bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field and five years of professional penetration testing experience OR master's degree and minimum 3 years professional IT-related experience
* Understanding of Red Team methodologies
* Advanced/senior level experience conducting:
o Penetration testing (network and web application)
o Vulnerability scanning and compliance auditing
o Professional experience or working knowledge of:
o Source code analysis
o Advanced network protocol manipulation
o Social engineering
o IEEE 802.11 concepts and security
* Proficiency using common network and application vulnerability scanning and advanced network mapping tools
o Examples: Nessus, Qualys, WebInspect, Burp Suite, AppDetective, nmap
* Proficiency using an advanced penetration testing tool suite
o Examples: Metasploit, Cobalt Strike, CANVAS, Core Impact
* Knowledge of at least one interpreted and one compiled programming language
* Advanced knowledge of multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, BSD, etc.)
* Ability to communicate highly complex technical information clearly and articulately to all levels of audiences
* Excellent technical writing skills and attention to detail
* Ability to be agile and work in a fast paced environment
* GPEN, GWAPT, OSCP or OSCE certified
* Experience mentoring junior staff
* Ability and willingness to travel approximately 10-20% of the time within in the Continental US.
* Previous experience conducting full-scope Red Team engagements
* Physical security assessment experience (lock picking, security system bypass, etc.)
* Database experience (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB)
* Application fuzzing experience (WSFuzzer, SPIKE, Sulley, etc)
* Reverse engineering experience/knowledge
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers. Multiple tasks & duties will need to be accomplished without any single duty falling behind or becoming neglected. Must effectively communicate and be communicated with by other team members. Must be able to represent and speak to current group efforts at any given time.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.