Date: Jun 10, 2019
Are you ready to make your mark?
Predicting the future is Fun - Inventing it is Powerful! @Ericsson, we do both by giving our employees the freedom to think Big. Here, your ideas and innovations turn into pioneering technology that impact society and facilitate people's life. We invented mobile Internet and now we are taking it to the next level and again changing the World. We are making 5G a reality and there has never been a better time to join us in this fabulous journey. Are you ready to make your mark?
The position summary
Part of our Product Development Unit (PDU) 4G5G, the Radio System Management Team is in charge of driving the Radio functionality systemization. Our mission includes defining, developing and applying Analytics and Machine Learning solutions in the RAN context. The scope ranges from setting the strategic direction and developing solutions in the RAN product to using analytics techniques for trouble shooting and understanding the product behavior in operation.
We are now looking for a senior Radio Network Machine Learning Developer, capable of taking a leading role in Digitalization and Machine Learning solutions for future RAN products. The position location is primarily targeting Kista in Sweden, in the Radio System Management Analytics section, where the technology area lead is situated. You will join a team of experts in Machine Learning and data analytics with focus on RAN product development. As secondary alternatives a position in Linköping in Sweden or Ottawa in Canada can be considered, with additional requirements on travel.
Your main responsibilities
The position is to drive the Digitalization and Machine Intelligence area with the focus on development of future RAN solutions:
* Drive and secure the Digitalization and Machine Learning area within PDU 4G5G and coordinate solutions with PDUs, DUs and BUs.
* Define and drive the vision and strategy to secure autonomous and cognitive RAN by leveraging data driven analytics, machine learning and optimization techniques to enable solutions for real time and non-real time decisions for RAN.
* Define and secure execution of Machine Learning roadmap and development plans. Understand and drive the development anatomy and ensure that necessary Machine Learning development activities appear in appropriate functional domain backlogs and run according to plans.
* Execute studies, in collaboration with domain experts, to provide Machine Learning solutions to specific use cases, ranging from early concept studies and prototyping to the final industrialized product solution.
* Build competence to enable the development of innovative RAN solutions based on state of the art techniques in the machine learning area and facilitate the introduction of suitable Analytics technologies and solutions into the RAN domain.
Here is a panel of skills and competences that we think are important for you to be successfull in this role:
* Strong expertise in the Analytics domain, i.e. statistics, Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence methods and Big Data engineering techniques/architectures;
* Hands-on experience in applying Machine Learning concepts in product development and good understanding of solution systemization;
* Documented working experience in:
* Applying the main categries of Machine Learning techniques i.e. Unsupervised, Supervised and Reinforcement Learning;
* Using cmmon open source tols in the Machine Learning area, e.g. Python/R, Scikit Learn, Tensorflow/Pytorch.
* Strong radio domain knowledge, in particular 4G and 5G RAN functionality, architecture and data;
* Strong background in communication theory and digital signal processing with experience from working with e.g. RAN standard specification or product development in the area of Physical Layer, Radio Resource Management or Traffic;
* Excellent cross domain innovation and driving capability, working in a collaborative manner with technical experts from different domains;
* Strong ability to lead and set directions in highly complicated technical projects;
* Technical leadership experience from Product Development and System Management.
How to apply?
Interested in joining #TeamEricsson or/and know more about this role? - Please send your cv + cover letter in English clearly outlining how you meet the requirements of this position and visit www.ericsson.com to learn more about our Quest for Easy. If you have any question, you are more than welcome to contact Mouloud Lardjane, Lead Recruiter 4G5G via LinkedIn.
Primary Location: Kista, Sweden. The position location is primarily targeting Kista in Sweden where the area lead is situated. As secondary alternatives Linköping in Sweden or Ottawa in Canada can be considered, with additional requirements on travel.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || Consulting&SysInt; IT; R&D
Req ID: 264133