Microsoft Quantum is dedicated to solving the world's intractable problems and forever altering our economic, industrial, academic, and societal landscape. In just hours or days, a quantum computer can solve complex problems that would otherwise take billions of years for today's computers to solve! This has massive implications for research in healthcare, energy, environmental systems, smart materials, and more. Simply put, Microsoft brings the only scalable quantum system to the broadest set of customers. For more information about our team, visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/quantum
Do you want to be part of the next revolution in computing? Join our team to develop new quantum algorithms that will revolutionize the way software implementations used in a quantum development platform and quantum programs. You ideally bring basic familiarity with machine learning, mathematics, and programming, and will have the opportunity to grow and learn about programming quantum computers as part of our multi-disciplinary and diverse team.
* Programming experience.
* Hands-on experience within machine learning tools, data modeling and evaluation.
* Ability to translate abstract technical descriptions to programmed solutions.
* Understanding of algorithms and data structures, probability and statistics.
* Degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or physics
* Thought leadership in at least one area in quantum computing, including (but not restricted to) quantum algorithms, quantum chemistry, quantum characterization, and quantum machine learning.
* At least 2 years of management experience (including people management) and experience in planning research/engineering agendas and executing on them.
* Delivers results in a collaborative, team environment.
MICROSOFT BACKGROUND CHECK:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The job provides an opportunity to:
* Impact on one of the most exciting new areas in Azure that might truly revolutionize the way we do computing.
* Work in a world class engineering team of engineers, researchers, architects, and leadership that will help you grow your career.
* Be part of a dynamic Open Source community that will enable you to learn, collaborate, and contribute with the top minds in the industry.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.