Senior Quality Engineer, IoT Products
San Diego, California
This position reports to: Head of IoT in San Diego
ServiceNow is looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Quality Engineer to join our IoT Engineering team focusing on building a scalable, distributed processing system for IoT data.
What you get to do in this role:
* Join a small, focused engineering team that is shaping and executing ServiceNow's IoT product strategy.
* Be responsible for ensuring high quality throughout design, development, testing, and deployment of a high-throughput distributed processing system that help companies understand, analyze, gain insights, and interact with the physical parts of their business through connected devices and sensors.
* Work closely with other team members in guiding software architecture and technology decisions based on quality.
* Deliver quality software features, meeting designated release plans and delivery commitments.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
* 4+ years of experience in Java programming with Selenium, JMeter, JUnit and TestNG.
* 5+ years professional experience in quality assurance or/and software application development
* Direct experience with Eclipse or similar IDE, Jenkins, Maven, and Git
* Experience in SAAS testing for Features, Security, Upgrade, Performance, Reliability and Scalability
* Ability to design, create and implement automated test cases for new requirements in complex systems quickly
* Experience with agile software development process
* Passionate about quality
* Possess excellent communication skills
* Self-starter, team player, and self-motivated
* Desire to seek continuous improvement in the quality assurance processes to drive better quality and efficiency
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or similar
* Bonus skills/experience:
* Docker containers
* Building CI/CD pipeline with quality gates
* Message/event-driven architecture
* Data serialization: strategies for backwards and forwards compatibility
* Apache Kafka, Redis, and Cassandra
About the company:
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We're disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging you to always be better.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.