Search for more jobs
Senior Quality Engineer
* Job: 21239-DCOL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Business Applications and Tools
Working under the direction of the IT Quality Engineering Manager, will be responsible for performing development and maintenance of MathWorks' data warehousing systems and data marts; contributing to the transformation and improvement of MathWorks' information systems; testing the data development lifecycle, including ETL and data model design, development, and quality control; working with MathWorks' project teams and business users to understand business requirements and develop effective test plans; performing data profiling and analysis using SQL; validating sources to target mappings using tools including Business Objects Data Services/BODI; designing and developing test plans to validate MathWorks' data warehouse processes and business intelligence applications; conducting thorough testing of ETL code changes to ensure quality of the produced data; and designing, developing and implementing a strategy for monitoring production data quality.
Education and Experience:
Master's degree or higher (or foreign education equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems and two (2) years of experience in job offered or two (2) years of experience developing automated tests or automation testing frameworks for data warehouse applications.
Bachelor's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems and six (6) years of experience in job offered or six (6) years of experience developing automated tests or automation testing frameworks for data warehouse applications.
* Demonstrated expertise designing, developing and executing test plans and test cases, performing data profiling, and reviewing test plans to validate data warehouse processes and business intelligence applications; and analyzing logical and physical data models, including star schema design and ER models.
* Demonstrated expertise writing SQL query scripts on MSSQL, MySQL, or Oracle databases to test data mapping, data transformation, data integrity, and data completeness; and writing SQL stored procedures to design test automation frameworks and building ETL jobs to identify and correct bugs.
* Demonstrated expertise testing ETL code using ETL tools -- Informatica or Hadoop; and performing performance testing of ETL code.
* Demonstrated expertise testing data visualizations -- reports and dashboards -- using Tableau or Cognos.
[Expertise may be gained during Graduate program.]
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.