Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world's largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire's Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)-we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We're seeking an experienced testing leader to help shape Rover's overall testing strategy. This is a new role at Rover, and are looking for candidates who work well with ambiguity and are able to build strong relationships across the organization.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and is able to understand business objectives, product requirements, and engage in high-level conversations about our testing infrastructure. From this understanding, our ideal candidate will be able to lead well-reasoned and data driven initiatives to drive our product quality and overall developer productivity to be even better.
* Act as leadership for Rover's overall quality and testing strategies, including ownership of acceptance criteria and test plans
* Advise Product Managers on writing quality acceptance criteria and how to improve test plans
* Lead the pre-release testing process for Rover's iOS and Android apps
* Attend incident post-mortems and drive preventative testing improvements
* Monitor unit and blackbox testing suites for feature coverage
* Develop and evangelize engineer-lead processes for feature release quality assurance and regression testing
* Work closely with our Support Engineering team on our bug backlog and prioritization system
* Establish and track a baseline set of quality assurance metrics to help inform our long and short term goals
* Assist in the maintenance and expansion of Rover's automated end-to-end testing suites
* 5+ years of experience in software testing
* Experience with automated UI testing approaches and infrastructure
* Experience with unit testing approaches and infrastructure
* Experience leading the QA process and building consensus across an engineering organization
* Comfortable working in a fully CI/CD development environment, where developers ship new features all day every day
* Django/Python Unit Tests
* Buildkite (CI/CD)
* XCTest for iOS
* Unit, Roboelectric, and Espresso for Android
Benefits of Working at Rover.com
* Competitive compensation
* Stock options
* 4 weeks paid time off
* Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Commuter benefits
* Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
* Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
* Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
* Free catered lunches semi-monthly
* Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
* 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.