Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
Do you find yourself wanting to discover the breaking points of hardware/software and influence its quality? Do you have the art for discovering flaws in hardware/software and ability to write detailed test steps for reproducing bugs or validating requirements? Do you have the desire to make the world a safer place? Then we have just the job for you!
We are looking for a motivated test engineer with technical writing experience to perform the quality assurance/quality control activities for the Cyber Operation Infrastructure which include providing formal test plans for complex hardware/software system. This documentation will be used by customers and personnel to reference while installing, using, maintaining, and training others on our software and hardware. Other job responsibilities include supporting engineering, design, software development, material procurement, integration, test, training, management, integrated program support, configuration management, and cyber security activities.
The ideal candidate should have a knowledge of networking protocols and experience testing client-server applications, Linux-based software, and embedded hardware products. The candidate should also be able to estimate, prioritize, plan, coordinate, and execute testing activities; create detailed, comprehensive test plans; identify, record, and track defects found in testing; perform thorough regression testing after defects have been fixed; provide solid release documentation for our customers.
Our group is working on industry-leading Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) technologies and are setting new standards for what is possible in the field of DPI and have some of the best and the brightest in the industry working on our team. If you are looking to work with a team that is pushing the limits of technology, then this is the job for you. You will not find a more exciting place to work!
* Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load/performance, system, and user acceptance testing.
* Lead/Participate in customer-witnessed acceptance testing.
* Develop overall test plans and schedules, understanding functionality, coverage, and risks.
* Report test progress, coverage, defect metrics, overall assessment as required.
* Manage defects and proactively identify risks to management. Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills to provide detailed root cause analysis.
* Define quality metrics and targets for assessment, measurement and continuous improvement of QA and testing effectiveness.
* Collaborate to develop automation test scripts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related engineering, technical, or scientific discipline preferred. Will consider experience in lieu of a degree.
* 10+ years of relevant professional experience and training commensurate with computer science, computer engineering, quality assurance, etc., curriculums preferred *college graduates in a technical field will be considered.
* 5+ years of professional experience in the areas of Quality Assurance/Quality Control efforts on large Department of Defense programs.
* Strong knowledge and experience using the Linux operating system.
* Experience deploying, configuring, and using Virtual Machine environments.
* Possess good understanding & working knowledge of agile development & test processes.
* Experience testing, debugging, & troubleshooting of Client/Server & Web-based applications.
* Experience with the analysis of layer 2 and above network protocols using Wireshark.
* Experience configuring, troubleshooting, and performance testing networking hardware (switches, routers, etc).
Candidate must meet eligibility requirements for a security clearance by the U.S. Government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
Position will be based primarily at Parsons office in Centreville, VA. Some minimal travel may be required.
* All candidates must be US Citizens to be considered for the position*
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Parsons is a company providing software and hardware products, technical services, and integrated solutions in the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.