Senior Quality Assurance Engineer San Francisco, CA
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work with a specific Engineering team at Dropbox to maintain a high level of quality in the product and will have a large amount of scope and potential for impact within your role. At Dropbox, we believe that quality is the responsibility of the entire group that creates the product. Our Quality Assurance team is a small, highly-skilled group that works closely with Engineering and Product to help them do their best work and build software that delights our users.
* You will ensure that Dropbox software is awesome and high-quality
* You will build product test strategies, write and execute test plans, file bugs, and communicate with the team about issues, risk, and product quality
* You will identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
* You will help educate others in Engineering and Product on testing and QA; work with them to determine product quality goals and measurements
* You will work with engineering and support to triage inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues
* You will expand our end-to-end automated test coverage (optional and time permitting)
* 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance; 8+ years of experience strongly preferred
* You are passionate about the field of Quality Assurance and excited to grow and develop a career within QA
* You have a general facility with technology, and you are able to learn new technologies quickly
* You use excellent communication skills
* You are a good person to work with, get along with others, and are able to work effectively in a team
* You have a dedication to quality and a positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
* You are extremely self-motivated; able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them, without external direction
* Comfortable working in a dynamic, low-structure, constantly changing atmosphere and prioritizing work appropriately
* Project leadership experience in QA strongly preferred
* Programming experience, especially in a professional setting, a plus
Benefits and Perks
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud and client software.