Senior QA Engineer
Shiftgig is transforming the way people work. We offer on-demand workforce management solutions that help you attract and retain your workforce with ease. Want to increase worker engagement and retention? Our platform helps you match workers with available shifts that align with their skills, location and performance history.
This will be the first dedicated QA testing position at Shiftgig, so you'll have the opportunity to set standards and best practices within the company. You should be excited to work on a small team in a startup environment, helping the engineers maintain and improve quality as they add features to an existing product and launch a new line of business.
For this position, you'll:
* Work with our SRE to help build and maintain a robust QA pipeline for development
* Work with developers to set standards for testing
* Work with product to set standards for writing test cases and stories that can be verified with QA
* Work with customer success to build an efficient system for triaging and evaluating technical tickets from users
* Eventually, help recruit and build out our QA team
* 4+ years testing web apps, native mobile apps, and APIs
* Experience leading a QA team. This includes experience training and supporting more junior team members, as well as experience setting standards and building QA systems and processes
* Experience with manual testing for users stories and support tickets
* Experience with Postman or a similar API testing tool
* Experience using and configuring testing automation via CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, AWS CodePipeline & CodeBuild)
* Experience with Jira
* Familiarity with web and mobile software development, and Agile/Scrum methodologies
* Familiarity with any of the technologies we use: Python, AWS, React, iOS (Swift and Objective-C), Android (Java and Kotlin), Git & Github
* Familiarity with SQL or similar query languages (being able to query metrics and stats helps track down bugs)
* HRA - Health Reimbursement Account
* HSA - set up a Health Savings Account
* 90% Dental Coverage
* 100% Vision Care Coverage
* Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
* Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
* Parking and Transportation Spending Account
* 401(K) Retirement Plan
Shiftgig is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Connecting service industry people with funny and informative content, jobs, and each other.