Job TitleSenior QA Engineer
Responsible for participating in the evolution and execution of procedures for ensuring the quality of new features and releases of software. Authors and executes test plans for manual and/or automated tests. Isolates, reproduces and tracks bugs and verifies fixes. Manages and maintains defect and test case databases. Maintains Alpha, Beta and Live-to-Site entry criteria. Assists in the assessment and planning of test efforts required for new functions/features under development.
* Computer Science and/ or Science-based Bachelor's degree
* 5+ years of experience qualifying high-volume, scalable enterprise software
* Excellent experience working in an agile/scrum environment
* Excellent working knowledge of Windows/Linux operating systems
* Excellent understanding of Quality Assurance life cycle, methodologies and best practices
* Excellent knowledge in test case management and bug tracking systems such as Jira, Zephyr.
* Experience working in continuous integration/continuous deployment model
* Experience in test documentation, defect analysis, tracking and reporting.
* Nice to have Minimum 5 years of experience with one of automation tools like TestComplete, Selenium, VS Coded UI, QTP
* Experience in the domain assigned to
* Good English, written and verbal
* Passion for quality and Ability to respectfully speak up on quality matters
* Strong emphasis on good UI design with meticulous attention to detail
* Self-motivated, independent thinker with excellent troubleshooting skills
* Ability to learn quickly and stay current with new technologies
* Ability to work within a multi-site, multicultural team
* Assist in designing test plans, write, execute test cases for functional and/ or performance testing within the domain assigned
* Work as a member of the scrum team including planning, estimating, and verifying user stories and acceptance criteria
* Develop strong expertise in the assigned domain area
* Effectively communicate status, metrics, and issues on a regular basis
* Understanding and complying of/ to Informatics practices
* Assist in creating test summary reports of high quality, written language and content.
* Become a user expert on how our products work, gaining an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses; and championing customer issues in order to ensure they have a positive experience.
* Create, execute, integrate manual and/or automated test cases in conjunction with manual testers and manual test cases
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
PerkinElmer is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment.