The Senior QA Automation Engineer is responsible for leading system verification testing activities; assisting in maintaining and implementing the test methods and procedures necessary for the verification of mobile system; performing other duties as required to ensure that the products or features meets requirements and quality standards. This position is responsible for testing multiple projects at one time, in various different stages of the projects in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Daily testing of iOS and Apple TV applications as needed
* Participate in requirements gathering and definition, based on product knowledge and end user interaction
* Create core test plan that encompasses functional, regression and smoke tests
* Starz partner testing of iOS, tvOS and Apple TV3 applications
* Work closely with the development team on all product deployments and when testing and logging defects
* Lead data analysis, testing and validation using data-driven testing methodologies to create repeatable tests that enhance validation
* Lead ad hoc and exploratory testing beyond pre-existing test cases and User Stories
* Understand and utilize elevated risk-based testing approaches
* Enter defects/bugs in defect tracking database (Jira)
* Generate test cases that provide meaningful test steps, acceptance and expected results based on functional requirements and UI/UX comps
* Consult and advise management regarding software readiness/jeopardy items
* Lead automation testing and support with Automation Engineers to maximize re-usable automation scripts on assigned project(s)
* Promote User Acceptance Testing and provide technical support for end users.
* Perform business and system analysis; provide recommendations for process improvement
* Author user guides and provide training to end users if necessary
* Provide daily operational support for production application systems, while providing some off-hour support coverage for critical business needs (if applicable)
* Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and work independently
* Mentor, train and be a SME for all other members on the QA team
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Technical field or similar discipline; Minimum Five years of software/Quality Assurance testing experience
* Understanding of HDCP technology
* Solid understanding of DRM technology
* Extensive experience with mobile device testing with Apple devices
* Test case, use case and user story creation and execution
* Experience with automation tools such as Appium and XCTest
* Experience with Agile development environments, specifically Scrum and Kanban
* Experience with JIRA, Confluence and Zephyr preferred
* Strong communication and problem-solving skills
* Experience with automation tool data validation/output preferred
* Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills with the ability to address time sensitive demands on a continuous basis
* Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
* Media and Entertainment experience preferred
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that provides premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television networks and produces and distributes content for worldwide audiences, including its investment in the STARZ PLAY Arabia OTT service.
STARZ is the ultimate destination for obsessable TV, movies and more. Characters who pull you in and stories that stay with you. From bold Original Series to the best movies, whatever you love, STARZ ignites your passions.
STARZ offers a competitive compensation package and an attractive benefits program to all eligible employees including a variety of healthcare plans, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life/disability insurance. Eligible employees will enjoy paid time off in the form of vacation and company holidays.
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of gender, age, race, national origin, disability, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, STARZ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Starz Networks is a leading provider of premium subscription video programming through the flagship.