Who we are
ShopperTrak, a part of Johnson Controls, invented the business of counting analytics and continues to stay at the forefront of the industry. We keep adding technology, capabilities and expertise that help us accurately understand consumer behavior throughout the entire shopping life-cycle. We're a retail analytics company, in the business of driving efficiency and profitability.
We are on a mission. We are revolutionizing the brick and mortar retail world with innovative products that fuel their success. Our path forward includes active exploration of IoT, Computer Vision, Machine (Deep) Learning and other technologies. We believe this is a thrilling journey and providing clarity on our future and empowering people to do their best work is the key to our success. We are inspired by people who are passionate, curious and want to push the envelope on innovation. Around here, our motto is "build great stuff" that helps solve problems for our customers and great things will follow.
What you will do
As a member of the Technology organization, the Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer provides testing leadership for our suite of software products. These products range from web based applications to embedded software devices. The Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer interfaces with Product Owners, Business Analysts, Software Developers, End Users, and Scrum Masters. Testing includes functional, regression, load, performance, system, and automation testing. In addition, the Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer will assist the team manager in various areas of the QA process as outlined below.
Building an IoT solution in big data, the architecture is built around technology principles of being highly-available, high-performing, scalable, and highly secure. Data is transferred between the IoT devices and back-end system through data streams and REST APIs.
* Build a best-in-class test automation suite.
* Be a thought leader in the design and execution of test automation.
* Develop the skillsets of team members (developers and QA) to participate in test automation.
* Stay abreast of emerging technologies and testing approaches.
* Participate in the overall creation and reviews of project test cases created by the quality assurance team.
* Mentor junior team members.
* Assist the team manager with defining and improving the overall QA process.
* Provide the team manager feedback on team performance.
* Collaborate with technical and business stakeholders.
* Review business requirements, functional specifications, use cases, design, and architecture documents in order to create effective test plans.
* Develop, modify, and execute software test plans.
* Maintain documentation of test results.
* Report and track defects through online tracking tool.
* Collaborate with Software Developers to determine the root cause of issues.
* Become an expert in system functionality and architecture.
* Participate in requirements reviews and development reviews.
What we look for
* Atleast 6 years' experience as a Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical degree
* Experience with JIRA, JMeter, Selenium, TestRail, BlazeMeter, Protractor
* Experience with Jenkins
* Experience with writing, developing, and executing test plans
* Practical Unix/Linux commands knowledge (for troubleshooting using app logs, properties files, etc.)
* Working knowledge in verifying data in relational and non-relational database (Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra)
* Experience working in Agile environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Self-starter and independent worker
* Team player
* Strong attention to detail
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou