At Riot, we believe "QA" is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it's a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to realize their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This exciting opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every single day to ensure we deliver the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
You will support the product Test Strategy by crafting test plans and facilitate team execution within an agile development framework. You will also communicate risks, defects and coverage reports to development teams. Additionally, as a Quality Owner for the team, you will provide QA sign off on product release readiness. Lastly, you will collaborate with other disciplines in order to champion improvements in the development process.
The Player Platform initiative builds the player-facing software and systems that are shared between games at Riot. You will be an integral member of a multi-functional team that is building the common platform on which Riot will build future games. We're seeking individuals who can bring new ideas to a wide variety of projects including desktop applications, globally scaled services like chat and accounts, and SDKs to enable game teams to deliver these experiences across different operating systems and platforms. Together, we write outstanding code and tests while contributing to the product that will power Riots future games.
As a Senior QA Analyst on Player Platform, you will be responsible for…
* Executing and potentially establishing team-level quality goals for products.
* Building and maintaining dynamic test plans for products that are informed by the initiative-level test strategy.
* Improving on methods of test execution on the team level.
* Conducting confirmation and regression testing.
* Calling out risks and quality concerns to product and discipline leadership when necessary.
* Managing and triaging defect database.
* Partnering with teams to plan and execute playtests.
* Signing off on product quality during release process.
* Working with the Product Owner and team members to understand user stories and inform quality decisions throughout the software development lifecycle.
* Partnering outsourced QA teams to execute tests, regularly auditing results.
* Coordinating with other product team QA to maintain effective and efficient cross-product test coverage.
* Develop and maintain reporting of test results for the team.
* Act as a voice of the player
* SQL Databases like MySQL
* Perforce, Git
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.