Senior Python Engineer - Machine Learning Platform
Req #: 190046462
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
As a Senior Software Engineering (Vice President), your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. Collaborating with our network of global technologists will enable you to deliver diverse and inclusive software solutions.
Being a part of a world class team of engineers, you will solve complex challenges by build highly scalable, low latency, high performance micro-services to enable self service machine learning within the organization. Design and develop automation services to enable large scale infrastructure that support machine learning use cases. Engineer and develop world class data pipelines that feed massive data into machine learning models for real-time predictions.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
* Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
* Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
* Proficiency with Unix Shell scripting, Perl, Python, SQL, and PL/SQL
* Professional experience developing highly scalable distributed systems using Python
* Expert Python programming language and Object-Oriented design with hands on experience on above
* Hands on knowledge of Restful API development
* Experience in developing large scale, microservice oriented, distributed applications and API.
* Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Linux system programming with Python and C or C++.
* Experience with computer hardware, not just virtual or cloud services.
* Experience in working in DevOps , continuous integration/deployement and Agile environment.
* Must be a self-starter in identifying ways to improve design and development processes
* Strong attention to detail, An eagerness to dig in and find the root causes of obscure problems
* Knowledge of big data systems - Hadoop, Hive, Spark etc.
* Hands on experience programming in Go Lang
* Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef
* Experience in driving systemic operational improvements
* Experience working with cross-functional teams including communicating with other technical teams, product management, and senior management
* Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of the software engineering craft
* Track record of developing web services or other large-scale distributed systems
* Experience with front-end development
* Experience with machine learning and feedback loops
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.