At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Top Workplace" year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
About Our Data Governance Practice:
We provide exceptional data integration services in the ETL, Data Catalog, Data Quality, Data Warehouse, Master Data Management (MDM), Metadata Management & Governance space.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Senior Python Developer who resides in the vicinity of Jersey City, NJ.
As a Senior Technical Consultant you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of application developed for our clients. As a member working in a team environment you will take direction from solution architects and Leads on development activities.
* Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including Design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications.
* Ensuring that technical software development process is followed on the project, familiar with industry best practices for software development.
* Work on Python frameworks and applications--strong Python engineer.
* Partner with the Quant teams to operationalize, optimize and automate advanced statistical models and machine learning pipelines.
* Client facing with business stakeholders to understand and translate business needs into impactful models, as well as support existing applications.
* Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level.
* Minimum of 4 years of Python professional development experience with a specific focus on Pandas and NumPy, where SciPy, Flask, Database Integration (SQLAlchemy) and/or Automation are a plus.
* Experience functioning in an enterprise environment (e.g., Bitbucket, Jenkins, etc.).
* Hands-on experience designing APIs in Python (using Django/Flask, etc.).
* SQL experience preferred.
* Experience with AWS cloud (S3, EC2, EMR, etc.) and EMR tools (Hive, Zeppelin, etc.) a plus.
* Prior experience with financial markets and products is a plus.
* Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
* Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
* Self-starter who can work independently.
* Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major.
* Master degree in a technical field is a plus
* Strong consulting and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with various organizations in pursuit of problem solutions.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time