Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by leading high performing teams on Global Technology projects and by ensuring that Starbucks continues to meet project delivery expectations. As a senior project manager, you will partner closely with IT and business stakeholders, managing a portfolio of projects to ensure continuity, coverage, and consistency and to enable efficient enterprise planning, execution and reporting.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Develops a deep understanding of projects within the program portfolio, with a clear understanding of business and IT context, and develops an understanding of cross-program portfolio dependencies.
* Works independently, with limited day-to-day guidance from senior program management leadership.
* Performs core project management duties, including guiding the project through formal approval and funding gates; developing a project plan that includes a detailed budget, project time-line, detailed task-driven schedule, project RACI and resource plan, and communication plan; and managing project execution from analysis/design through build, test, and deployment.
* Partners with relevant IT and business hiring managers to ensure that the project has the skill-sets and resources required for delivery.
* Oversees and directs the activities of portfolio management as they relate to cost, resources, time-line and schedule of investments, expected nature, magnitude and timing of benefits to be realized, and relationship interdependencies with other projects in the Starbucks Technology portfolio
* Conducts project portfolio modeling and analysis for portfolio level planning and reporting
* Tracks and reports project metrics for all projects throughout the Customer Technology organization and maintains centralized accountability for management of project portfolio; works with senior management to provide strategic and tactical advice on program/project planning
* Supports Customer Technology organization's portfolio communication, program/project analysis/reporting, process development
* Partner with Finance, Strategy, Operations and Retail teams on Portfolio Financial Management
Summary of Experience
* Minimum of five years' experience as a project manager in technology or a software development setting; must have at least eight years overall experience working in technology or a software development setting.
* Minimum of three years' previous experience managing, analyzing, and optimizing organization's portfolios
* Experience in leading annual and quarterly financial planning and analysis
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Leadership and Communication:
* Leads by example and builds teams with a confident and positive attitude, patience, honesty and integrity, and a strong sense of commitment.
* Has the ability to know what is possible and what is not, and to know how to navigate project engagements efficiently and effectively.
* Ability to engage in difficult conversations that result in positive, actionable outcomes.
* Ability to navigate complex and diverse landscapes effectively.
* Seeks and provides honest, transparent feedback.
* Ability to build and lead high-performing project teams.
* Ability to set expectations and hold individuals and team members accountable to their commitments.
* Drives decision-making that favors compromise and alignment over consensus-building.
* Good facilitation skills; ability to adapt approach to different types of engagements.
* Good written and verbal communication.
Acumen and Learning Agility:
* Understanding of IT program and portfolio management practices.
* Expert-level knowledge of standards and practices for IT project and program lifecycle management activities and deliverables.
* Clear understanding of project technical activities, including: (1) solution analysis and design; (2) enterprise, solution, and infrastructure architecture; (3) systems integration; (4) data conversion and migration; (5) environment management and build processes; and (6) deployment planning and execution.
* Expertise in MS Project (Project Server) and at least one program portfolio management tool, such as MS Project Portfolio Management (PPM).
* Advanced skills in the MS Office Product Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Annual Managed Expenses: $10M
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.
Starbucks is a chain of restaurants that retails handcrafted coffee, tea and fresh food items.