A Senior Project Planner job in Jamaica, NY (JFK Airport) is now accepting applications. This is a direct / benefited position with our key transportation industry client. To be considered you will have a Bachelor"s Degree in either Engineering or Business, along with 10+ years of relevant work experience. In this role, you will be responsible for guiding the Project Core Team in the management of all planning, scheduling and progress control related aspects of the project in accordance with the Planning & Scheduling Process.
Senior Project Planner Job Responsibilities:
* Responsible for guiding the Project Core Team in the planning of activities to deliver the project using standard tools (e.g. generic Product Breakdown Structure and Work Breakdown Structure)
* Responsible for establishing and updating the DPS based on common objectives within the project
* Responsible for maintaining the resource loaded DPS and provide the estimated forecast to complete (EAC) and communicate any deviation from the project baseline to the core team
* Responsible for monitoring and reporting on schedule progress and deviations within all parties involved in the project
* Responsible for communicating the DPS to all parties involved in the project, including any changes to the DPS
* Responsible for regularly monitoring critical path(s) of the schedule to identify risks and opportunities and develop mitigation or recovery plans
* Responsible for quality of the DPS
* The role is mandated to make any internal contacts, and in a consortium, any external contacts, needed to perform the duties
Senior Project Planner Job Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in either Engineering or Business
* Working experience either in Engineering, Project Management, Operations, Procurement, Bids, Sales, or Finance,
* Has experience in working in a multicultural environment (e.g. working in international teams, international projects etc)
* Has worked on several projects and/ or bids, ideally in similar business areas (e.g. railways, oil & gas, technology, energy)
* Has excellent experience with managing resource loaded schedules in Primavera,
* Has planning experience on complex projects of similar scale,
* Excellent knowledge of relevant software is a must (Primavera)
* Excellent knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office is an advantage.
If you are interested in this Senior Project Planner job in Jamaica, NY (JFK Airport) please apply via the "apply now" link.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the technical, IT, professional, and clerical fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com