Location: Irving, TX
The Senior UX Project Manager will manage a variety of complex design and user experience projects from inception to completion, including but not limited to mobile, web, and in-vehicle applications. The Project Manager will play a core role in driving our creative process forward, working closely with designers, engineers, and product managers to ensure that we deliver on-brief and on-schedule.
The Senior UX Project Manager is primarily responsible for managing deliverables that are required from the UX & design team and ensuring that they meet expectations. First and foremost, the role is responsible for all aspects of the project lifecycle: program scoping, program organization, resourcing and planning. The Senior UX Project Manager also provides thoughtful and pragmatic leadership to ensure that the timelines and complexity of programs (and how they overlap and relate to each other) are managed appropriately.
This position plays a multi-faceted role at SiriusXM and will interface with a variety of internal stakeholders and external engineering teams. This individual may also collaborate with external agencies, Product Managers, Engineers, and other corporate stakeholders as needed to clearly communicate the UX and design program scope, resourcing and deliverables.
All work will be done using an iterative, agile-development, methodology, with a focus on continual improvement of our creative process as well as the documentation relating to design and user-experience deliverables that are referenced and used by the variety of stakeholders that the team interface with.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for UX and design project management process including, but not limited to, project scope, organization, resourcing, and planning.
* Manage internal team activities ensuring that the team knows and understands their assigned project vision, scope, deliverables, and timing.
* Work with product teams and ensure that product requests for features, clarifications or improvements are documented and prioritized appropriately for delivery to engineering teams.
* Work with engineering and ensure that engineering requests for clarification or alteration are managed and delivered quickly and efficiently.
* Be point of contact for all internal stakeholders that leverage the UX and design team, managing deliverables, scope, and expectations and ensures that program-level issues are resolved.
* Proactively communicate schedule and scope changes, and predicts and escalates resourcing issues and program issues as appropriate.
* Uphold standards and best practice methods to mitigate risk on programs.
* Maintain thorough documentation of all requests, changes, and issues that arise and need resolution for a program and ensures that they are addressed.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant work experience.
* 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager at an internal corporate user experience department, or a consulting firm, agency, preferably within the UX/design industry.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Experience and knowledge of design and design processes and how this is combined with software and application development.
* Experience with project management across various digital project types, specifically including mobile and web. Ideal candidates will have experience managing for other devices such smart watches, multi-modal devices, and in-car applications.
* Demonstrated experience managing and working with small to medium teams of cross-discipline resources across multiple locations.
* Experience with, and interest in, online project management tools, project management methodologies and best practices.
* Experience with and thorough knowledge of Agile software development methodologies, and how it applies to design process.
* Excellent understanding of user-experience design and process.
* Excellent understanding of software or digital development and processes.
* Good understanding of product strategy.
* Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills with impeccable responsiveness and follow-through on details.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong relationship building skills with the ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Committed to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Program/project management software (MS Project or others as applicable).
* Online documentation and task management tools (such as Jira and Confluence).
* Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly AdobeXD.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.