Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
The role of the Senior Project Manager is to plan, execute, and deliver complex projects according to strict deadlines and within budget while delivering project objectives. This includes planning, executing, and controlling project management activities including scope management, requirements management, communication management, issue and risk management, and budget and resource management. This role also requires close work with senior management, steering committees, and other project managers to steer projects and business organizations toward achieving intended business results.
* Direct and manage multiple, simultaneous, complex projects from beginning to end.
* Work on and/or responsible for a significant number of cross-functional and highly complex business analysis, project management and general management tasks.
* Define and document project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
* Manage the identification, resolution and escalation of project risks and issues.
* Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
* Create project-based communications (i.e., minutes, status, informational materials) and distribute information as appropriate.
* Drive definition of next steps and solutions with other PMs, IT, business owners and management when issues arise.
* Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
* Personally and proactively deliver difficult/urgent/controversial messages to key stakeholders before mass communication is distributed.
* Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
* Adhere and drives adherence to NetSpend methodology and key deliverables for prioritization and code releases.
* Develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with immediate team members.
* Develop and sustain a network of working relationships outside of immediate team members with thought-leaders in the company.
* Lead proactively and passionately while practicing and fostering respectful interaction, transparency and accountability.
* Identify personal career goals and work with management to achieve them.
* 5+ years of experience managing and successfully delivering mission critical projects.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Technology preferred.
* Expert level capability and understanding of project management and planning.
* Expert facilitation, collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
* Expert ability to influence and motivate others.
* Expert customer focus, organizational agility and drive for results.
* Expert ability to train others on utilizing standard and newly created processes.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Experience managing and delivering multiple, simultaneous, complex projects.
* Experience operating in fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
* Comfortable wearing many hats and allowing the job description to fluctuate when needed.
* Proficient with MS Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).
* PMI (Project Management Institute) certified PMP (project management professional) preferred.
* Ability to work overnight 3 to 4 times a year.
* Knowledge of financial services industry a plus.
* As provided in NetSpend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.