Senior Project Manager - Systems Integration and Monitoring (SIM)
Primary Location: Northern VA
Security Clearance: Active TOP SECRET and must be eligible for SCI access
Must be a U.S. citizen
This position is contingent upon award
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is seeking a highly qualified Senior Project Manager -Systems Integration and Monitoring (SIM) Program expert to lead our work at the US Department of State (DOS) supporting the Overseas Security Installation Services (OSIS II) contract. The Senior Project Manager - SIM is responsible for managing complex technical security systems design, installation and integration projects at Government locations around the world. The Senior Project Manager - SIM has the authority to run projects on a day-to-day basis and verifies projects produce the required deliverables within the specified constraints of time and cost.
* Work independently and in a team-oriented environment to plan and manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of program objectives:
o Adhere to and manage project scope, schedule and budget
o Communicate effectively with all Customers and Stakeholders
o Evaluate progress of projects to identify and manage issues and risks to ensure successful and on-time project delivery
o Coordinate for and manage resources
o Monitor and control project execution
o Monitor and manage financials
o Adhere to safety policies throughout the full project life cycle
o Provide leadership for project team(s) by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
* Procure and track project materials.
* Formally report status of projects.
* Establish realistic goals and implement action plans.
* Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to improve and expand capabilities.
* Contribute to process improvement initiatives.
* Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews.
* Monitor industry trends to identify changes in project strategies, tools, terminology and to adjust accordingly.
Knowledge and Skills
* Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and experience presenting to Customers, Stakeholders Senior Leadership.
* Proven decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities.
* Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
* Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross-functional environment.
Experience and Education
* Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) in Business Management, Technology Management, Project Management, Engineering, Construction Engineering or related field of study (experience can be substituted for education).
* Minimum of seven (7) years' experience managing complex technical security projects
* The ideal candidate should have direct/first-hand experience working with DOS, Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS), within the Office of Security Technology (ST).
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Normal Office environment.
* Minimum travel required is approximately 25-50% to high threat areas worldwide.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.