Away is looking for an exceptional Senior Project Manager to join our Information Systems team. The ideal candidate will play a key role in management and administration of multiple large scale system implementation/enhancement initiatives through the entire project lifecycle. The Project Manager will establish, build and maintain project plans ,identify and manage program risks, proactively manages scope, ensure the project team is properly defined and staffed and make sure the appropriate internal and external teams are engaged to meet overall project objectives. This role will report to the Director, Information Systems and is based in our Soho, New York headquarters. As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position. What You'll Do:
* Develops and maintains complex project plans for software implementation/enhancement projects which involves tasks of multiple participants (Internal resources, external vendors and cross functional stakeholders).
* Manages projects using different types of methodologies, based on project needs.
* Ensures projects have the appropriate governance and management controls and practices (i.e. project, risk, quality, change, communication, financial, scope, schedule, cost, procurement, stakeholder, support, etc.)
* Recommends timely, specific and detailed corrective action plans where needed
* Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to business needs and objectives
* Sets project scope, priorities, deadlines and deliverable schedules
* Establishes a strategy of continuous risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the project life cycle and create an environment where the project team has visible, measurable, and repeatable processes for managing these risks
* Utilizes proven change management methodologies when there are changes in project scope, schedule, and resourcing, offer solutions, and ensure an updated project plan, budget and timeline.
* Establishes effective communication plan with project team, internal and external stakeholders.
* Facilitates resolution of complex issues and manages smooth delivery
* Tracks and report on project status
* Conduct post-project review and document lessons learned
* Mentors team members in project management artifacts, processes, tools, and techniques.
* 8+ years of Project Management
* Min. 5+ years of managing complex software implementation projects (Ex: ERP, Data Pipeline Platform, WMS, etc.)
* PMP certification is a plus
* Excellent written communication and verbal skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Experience managing large scale ERP projects
* Proven ability to meet project deadlines and work effectively within time constraints.
* Experience with business process mapping and tools
* Experience managing, training, coaching, and mentoring
You'll love working at Away because:
* We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You'll have flexible PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you're here for three years, you'll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
* We're not just employees. We're people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
* We'll invest in your career. Our company's growing quickly, and we'll give you the opportunity to do the same. You'll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company's evolving needs.
* We're creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we're building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we're building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
* We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
* And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. We'll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team meals and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that's just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company's "World's Most Innovative Companies," one of TIME's "50 Most Genius Companies," and a Forbes "Next Billion Dollar Startup." We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we're expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We're hiring!
Away is a company that specializes in manufacturing luggage suitcases.