Bank of Montreal (BMO)
About Information Security
Information Security is a division of the Financial Crimes Unit at BMO. Our Vision is to enable business growth and inspire trust in BMO's customers and employees. Our promise is to provide a secure, frictionless customer experience.
Protecting trust by safeguarding our brand, systems, information and customers is the cornerstone of everything we do; it's the foundation of our department.
Critical to our role as security professionals is inspiring trust in BMO's customers, employees and business partners. We take pride in ensuring BMO employees are equipped with the tools, products and services needed to continue evoking trust in the marketplace.
The Information Security (Business) PMO is accountable to execute on these critical services and solutions while operating securely in an increasingly connected global environment.
The Senior Project Manager is accountable to manage Cyber Security Strategic projects. The Senior Project Manager will direct, manage, and coordinate team members including other Project Managers, Business and Technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants and contractors, as well as vendors and external regulatory organizations with an ability to facilitate communication between key stakeholders efficiently and effectively.
The Cyber Security Strategic projects are often highly complex and large-scale in nature, spanning multiple functions and/or business groups/LOBs with regulatory/audit commitments. The Senior Project Manager holds the primary project relationship with senior executives from both Business and Technology, and ensures that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of success.
* Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners
* Direct accountability to manage a team of 3-5 Project Managers
* Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix business, corporate and IT partners to oversee all phases of the project, and to ensure that related project processes are completed as required (including, as applicable, organizational change management, process management, transition to business/operations, etc.)
* Typically exercises direct accountability for projects with up to 50 team members and $20M budget
* Ensures projects are staffed with the right mix of people who exhibit the required perspectives, skills and behaviours.
* Accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering assigned cyber security strategic projects, including all business, operational and IT deliverables
* Accountable to determine the impact of the change, stakeholder assessment, sustainment of change and speed of adoption. This includes scaling the change management approach (training and communication) for the project depending on impact and stakeholders.
* Provides project change leadership to ensure the vision and objectives of the project/transformation are driven properly, and ensures change management (the mechanisms of change) are in place to deliver the anticipated project benefits
* Within the context of the assigned projects, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications (including project briefings) with business partners at various levels of the organization, including EVP, SVP, VP level, as well as other internal and external resources.
* Sustains and manages the relationship with the Accountable Executive (and Program Manager, where applicable) throughout the duration of the project by providing sound advice, counsel and support
* Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit. Ensures there is clear linkage between the business vision/context and the project scope and objectives. Ensures mechanisms to measure benefits are set up in the project
* Provides leadership, motivation, coaching, mentoring and professional development for project teams in order to obtain a high level of co-operation and contribution from all project members
* Chairs regular core team and key governance forums (e.g. Steering Committees, Operating Committees, Decision Forums) to review progress with key constituents. Represents the interests of the project or program in various project governance and inter-department forums
* Ensures project issues and risks are identified, quantified, managed and tracked. Uses past experience to proactively "anticipate" risk and develop appropriate mitigation strategies and plans. Ensures risks, assumptions and constraints are appropriately communicated and escalated when necessary
* Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
* Manages and/or validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
* Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
* Develops or ensures development of project artifacts including charter, integrated plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related PM artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards (e.g. Project Management, Risk, Audit, Compliance)
* Monitors and controls the project. Proposes recommendations and adjustments to the Accountable Executive and publishes periodic project status reports
* Contributes to improve the best practices of the project management community within the Enterprise to help drive consistency, transparency and execution excellence on projects
* Possesses a university degree and/or 10-15 years relevant work experience as a Project Manager
* Possesses advanced knowledge and 7 to 10 years of experience in project and program management managing large-scale projects or programs of significant complexity and value (> $5MM) with high risk
* Information Security-specific knowledge and experience in any of the following areas: Information Security, Identity Access Management, Data Loss Prevention, Cyber Security, Technology Risk Management.
* Holding a valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
* Excellent relationship management and consulting skills which results in proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, execute with limited information and ambiguity
* Expert change leadership and management skills
* Expert risk management skills
* Expert negotiation skills
* Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
* Good stakeholder management and influencing skills, effective at the senior executive level
* Sound business and technical acumen, with demonstrated agility in learning and ability to quickly become comfortable with unfamiliar businesses areas or of technologies
* Expert presentation, written and verbal communication skills which bring clarity and precision
* at executive levels
* Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies, regulatory requirements and industry information affecting the business environment
* Exemplary core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK (i.e. Project Management Institute's PM Body Of Knowledge)
* Solid knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. Clarity, MS Project, SharePoint repositories, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) if applicable).
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do -helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one -for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives.
BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
About Bank of Montreal (BMO)
Bank of Montreal is a financial services provider that offers retail banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions.