Job Description SummaryGCS (Global Customer Service) Readiness ensures the Implementation and Service and Support organizations are effectively prepared and ready for all new product and software releases. The Sr. Project Manager will understand, develop and drive GCS strategic direction in an assigned platform. The Readiness Senior Project Manager supports the GCS organization by leading and contributing to new product and services projects utilizing project management skills, functional knowledge (e.g. Implementation and Service operations), and business acumen. Additionally, the Sr. Project Manager collaborates with numerous cross-functional stakeholders to drive readiness through planning, scheduling and execution of all deliverables within the scope of assigned projects.
Life-changers work here
At BD, we create innovative ways to help our customers improve patient care. We rely on bold and inspired employees who share our commitment to advancing the world of health.
Strategy and execution (platform focused)
* Must clearly understand and be able to articulate the needs of the GCS organization beyond the perspective of a particular function or job (Project Manager/Clinical Consultant/Technical Support). Understanding of how the organization works, how the functions interact, how decisions in scope impact our ability to implement and support as well as how they impact BD financially is critical.
* Must be able to see the big picture and make informed suggestions on strategic direction. At the same time must be able to partner with the platform to define detailed scope items for individual versions as well as road map items for future versions.
* Ability to develop a solid understanding of where a particular product/program fits into a connected medication management solution and ability to engage stakeholders from other projects as appropriate to ensure alignment across products.
* Must be able to successfully define and articulate detailed product scope items in support of continuously improved -illities (support, implement, use).
* Define, drive and deliver clear, measurable commercial release entrance and exit criteria.
* Lead multiple new product and sustaining release projects simultaneously using project management methodologies (scope management, tollgate, and risk & change management processes).
* Lead the development of project charters, plans, and schedules; manage project budgets, communication plans, project review meetings, and deliverables.
* Identify and monitor key measures to ensure project success and prepare project status reports.
* Coordinate/facilitate/support all aspects of project management in regards to key organizational, process and technology change levers to align resources and operations with business objectives.
* Close collaboration with product core teams to drive GCS readiness activities and processes.
* Resource and lead cross-functional extended project teams
* Must be organized to run a well-executed project but performance must be elevated above completing a project plan or task list.
* Solid understanding of and experience with risk management (identifying, communicating, mitigating and escalating).
* Expert level knowledge of BD GPDS (Global Product Development System) or ability to become an expert.
Leadership (people focused)
* Lead and develop a high-performing extended team
* Participate in developing goals and objectives for extended team members
* Provide meaningful input into annual review for each extended team member
* Develop a solid network at all levels of the organization
* Create and deliver presentations that provide succinct/concise recommendations to management team and be able to provide rationale and justifications behind the recommendations.
* Understand and articulate the project's impact to its stakeholders. Partner with stakeholders on plans to manage the impact of a project, including training, communication and risk management.
* Must be willing and able to constructively challenge ideas in private and public conversations across numerous roles and levels. Be a champion for the GCS organization.
* Ensure adoption of new processes and knowledge application by identifying, monitoring and communicating success metrics.
* Draft communications and partner with Education Services team to drive timely and successful creation of training content.
* Simultaneously contribute to multiple product and process improvement projects led by others using technical skills such as Agile, LEAN, six sigma, CTQ, etc.
* Gather requirements, define and document business processes/procedures using workflow modeling techniques.
* Use data insights, process knowledge and critical thinking to identify and validate readiness opportunities.
* Develop business cases for readiness approach to optimize customer experience.
* Efficient and effective use of matrixed resources
* Entrepreneurial nature
* Comfortable with ambiguity
* Must be able to build relationships across functions and business units
* Timely completion of internal company documentation and required training
* Mentor colleagues on best practices for project management and process design
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Demonstrated experience developing and leading product strategy
* Demonstrated strong matrix management skills
* Demonstrated experience in product development and/or product launches
* Agile and forward thinking
* Seven or more years of experience in project management and/or process improvement
* Managed/supported projects cross-functionally in an iterative, fast paced environment
* Strong MS office skills particularly in advanced PowerPoint & Excel
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills
* Excellent Verbal, Written and Communication Skills
* Strong leadership, group facilitation, and project management skills
* Strong business operations/business process knowledge/experience
* Must be flexible for up to 50% travel.
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
About Becton Dickinson
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company that develops, manufactures, and sells medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment, and diagnostic products.