Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let us make an impact togethe
Advises customer on alternative solutions/methods/approaches in solving project and business challenges. Represents Perspecta to the client in matters of capabilities, solutions, best practices and reputation. Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Performs all functional duties independently. Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s). Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
* A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in project management or related field, preferably in the area of software application development and/or related ;
* A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred;
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred;
* Able to interact with the client organization at multiple levels
* Able to discuss technical issues with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
* Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
* Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
* Broad knowledge of project management disciplines as outlined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge;
* Extensive experience with managing software application development projects of various sizes, including client interaction and meeting facilitation;
* Extensive experience defining project scope, developing work plans and project schedules, preparing project estimates, developing resource plans, and compiling project status reports;
* Extensive experience managing heterogeneous project teams composed of resources from multiple vendors/organizations;
* Extensive experience reviewing software documentation such as requirements specifications, design documents, manuals, test plans/cases, test scripts and test reports;
* Must possess Excellent Oral and Written Communications;
* Able to obtain Postal clearance;
* Hours of support: The standard work week for contract staff will be 5 days a week and 8 hours per day preferable Monday through Friday.
* Contract staff may be required to travel to support business efforts.
EEO Tagline: Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories