At Harris Govern, we build software solutions specific to the requirements of Local Government and utilities. Our software suite enables us to bring comprehensive, innovative technology solutions to county governments nationwide.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to be responsible for all aspects of the successful delivery of Mass Appraisal, Tax, Business Tax, Utility Billing, and Land Management software implementation projects.
Utilizing the established project management methodologies, the Senior Project Manager will lead a team of implementation specialists in delivering projects on schedule and on budget while meeting scope requirements.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing the customer relationship during implementations and ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction. The Senior Project Manager is also responsible for project profitability, timely realization of revenue, and ensuring that they and the implementation team members maintain an expected level of billable utilization. The successful candidate will be part of the Project Management Organization (PMO) reporting to the Senior Manager, PMO.
What will be your impact?
* Work closely with customer Project Managers to ensure successful completion of software implementation projects.
* Develop and execute project plans and monitor progress.
* Consistently manage customer expectations and ensure delivery of quality service.
* Ensure projects conform to the established project management standards and processes
* Perform project administration such as approval or routing of expenses, project time entry review, project plan updates, and invoice processing.
* Provide updates to management team and coworkers on customer/project status, proactively identifying issues and resolving or escalating as appropriate.
* Lead and motivate project teams towards accomplishing their work effectively and efficiently.
* Ensure the project team members are appropriately tasked for successful execution of the established project plans.
* Assist in overall scheduling and coordination of implementation resources.
* Conduct post implementation project reviews. Capture and apply lessons learned for continuous process improvement.
* Prepare monthly project level reports to management for project performance evaluation as required.
* Responsible for preparing and reporting project forecast and financials to management on an ongoing basis.
* Responsible for working capital, ensuring that milestones and work in progress are approved, invoiced, and paid in a timely manner.
What are we looking for?
* Current PMP Certification desired
* Current ScrumMaster or ACP desired
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an associated discipline
* 8-10 years managing software implementation projects, preferably in the local government sector
* Possess strong cross-group negotiation, communication (written and verbal), and conflict management skills
* Possess relevant experience with contract negotiations and customer management
* Possess a deep understanding of all activities associated with software system implementations
* Possess superior presentation and planning capabilities
* Ability to maintain a calm demeanor in challenging situations
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
* Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint
* Proficiency with online project management tools
Individual will work remotely or in a nearby office, if available. Travel will be required, typically 20% - 30%.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and job responsibilities. Harris offers excellent fringe benefits including vacation, retirement plan, health, dental, life and disability insurance.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (1)-613-226-5511 or at HarrisTalentAcquisition@harriscomputer.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.