The Senior Project Manager:
* Is responsible for managing all aspects of the projects assigned which are normally on the higher end of the scale in terms of revenue value and complexity.
* Has ultimate accountability for the successful delivery of assigned projects, where success is defined as on schedule, on budget, within the approved scope, and with a high degree of quality.
* Is the main point of contact with the client and is responsible for customer satisfaction on assigned projects. In this role, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for project revenue forecasting, profitability, cost, quality, and schedule.
* Client relationship development, business development, and/or account management responsibilities are expected within this role; therefore, having a consultative approach to the client is required.
* Responsible for mentoring Project Coordinators and Project Managers on PM fundamentals and tools.
* Position is located at our Client Site in San Francisco, CA
* Standard hours are M-F 8:00am-5:00pm; however must be available based upon Client's needs after-hours & possibly some weekends
* Ability to travel is essential. Percentage varies; roughly 15%
Responsible to lead and manage matrix project team; this includes: Technicians, Project Coordinators, & may manage other Project Managers
* Executes Black Box PMO standards, processes, and methodologies in a consistent manner for project planning and execution activities including the following fundamentals: initiating, planning, estimating, resourcing, scheduling, and budgeting.
* Prepares project plan and work breakdown structure in partnership with participating organizations and negotiates agreement with the customer, including identification of work and organizational breakdown structures, requirements creation and management, cost and material estimates, milestone payment schedule, and risk and communication management plans.
* Coordinates the set up of overall project governance (e.g. project org charts; roles & responsibilities, RACI charts, communication / stakeholder management) required for each assigned project.
* Manages execution of project:
* Acts as primary customer contact for project. Clearly articulates design, installation, and operational concepts and solutions to customers and technicians.
* Conducts recurring customer reviews addressing scope, schedules, issues, actions, risks, and customer expectations.
* Works with Procurement to ensure material is delivered on time.
* Develops install SOW and negotiates price with installer (if applicable).
* Manages installation.
* Transitions project to Day 2 support team after project completion.
* Manages project control fundamentals: monitoring and anticipating potential problems; identifying project conflicts; taking corrective action; resolving issues; managing scope, schedule, cost, profit and budget; project reporting, and quality review and assurance.
* Issues and communicates program status to leadership, steering committee, and other stakeholders as appropriate.
* Manages revenue forecasting and tracking for assigned projects.
* Develops new business or expands the product line with the client as applicable.
* Reviews SOWs and pricing tools during pre-sales.
* Assists in proposal development and contract and subcontract negotiations with the sales and legal teams.
* Creates documents and coordinates with the legal team for contracts associated with Master Schedule of Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Software Licensing Agreements, and post-installation support and maintenance.
* Promotes continuous growth of project management practices within the PMO and organization to achieve client and organizational objectives.
* Achieves performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
* An expert level understanding of project fundamentals, such as project financial management, client and subcontractor invoicing, status reporting, work plan management, scope management, issue & risk management, and communication management is essential.
* Strong program & project management experience and skillset is a must.
* Strong client relationship and project team management skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment and motivate others.
* Ability to influence and manage change effectively.
* Ability to meet project timelines and budgets.
* Exceptional written communication skills.
* Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, MS Project, PPM tools, ERP, Salesforce.com, workforce management, and cloud based technology systems.
* Self-motivated with a strong ability to plan/organize workloads.
* 10 Years relevant work experience
* IT Infrastructure and/or UC project management experience required
* 5+ years' experience managing a minimum of (5) $750k+ projects.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience, Project Management, Engineering, IT, or business is desired
* Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2® 2017 Practitioner (Required)
What's in it for You?
Black Box Network Services offers a competitive total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, in addition to a wide variety of additional benefits like a 401K, life insurance, employee assistance programs, fitness reimbursements, identity theft protection, education/scholarship programs and more!
We understand attracting great talent requires going beyond just competitive compensation and benefits. Black Box provides challenging work that creates advancement opportunities within the organization for those demonstrating desire and aptitude through their achievements. We have no shortage of opportunities. If you are looking for a business that allows for individual reward and growth, we are the place for you!
About Black Box Network Services
Black Box Network Services is a leading technology solutions provider dedicated to helping customers design, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure. We deliver high-value products and services through our global presence and 3,000 team members. Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with Federal, State and Local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.