Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Program Manager (1.0 FTE, Days) to work for SMG Project Management at the Bank of America Building located in Seattle, WA.
The Program Manager is responsible for representing priorities in the development of large projects. Understands "big picture" and takes strategic approach to planning. Responsible for delivering business value through effective project management of operations projects, consults and provides recommendation, owns and communicates project strategy to key staff/stakeholders.
In this position you will:
* Defines and monitors project objectives, scope and progress; develops complex project structures, detailed plans and documentation. Assigns roles and tasks
* Manages multiple projects that are very complex and/or high risk
* Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring to project staff setting clear objectives, and ensuring effective use of tools/techniques
* Knows how to work within the organization effectively and efficiently to accomplish objectives. Uses persuasive interactions with staff, stakeholders etc to maximize productivity
* Understands project "big picture" and impact on organization. Takes a strategic approach to planning and managing all aspects. Balances short and long term requirements and resource allocation
* Proactively identifies, manages and communicates issues, risks, and escalates as appropriate
* Defining and monitoring project objectives, scope and progress against plan by developing complex project structure, preparing detailed project plans and documentation, assigning roles and tasks, implementing project management methodologies, building project management infrastructure, and documenting project requirements
* Providing leadership, coaching, and mentoring to project staff, clearly assigning responsibility for tasks and decisions, setting clear objectives, ensuring the effective use of tools and methodologies, measuring and monitoring progress and results, and fostering a positive team-oriented environment throughout the duration of the project
* Developing, managing and executing project plans (objectives, goals, scope, schedules resources costs, and dependencies) that are integrated and synchronized with other areas of the business adjusting plans across the business as required to ensure successful delivery of commitments and use of resources
* Identifying, documenting and monitoring metrics for project performance; managing to the data; and notifying stakeholders of problems affecting timelines and resources
* Managing and integrating groups of diverse disciplines in collaborative activities by acting as a key liaison and facilitating cross-function communication
* The position may provide leadership, coaching, strategic direction, work assignments, facilitation, communication, project structure/plans, and technical expertise within multiple divisions and departments
* Uses principals of Change Management
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelors degree in business, information systems, or related field
* 5 years of experience in comparable or larger institutions,preferable within a heathcare setting
* Experienced in all areas of project management including multiple project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, staffing, communications, risk, and procurement and have experience in managing multiple related projects to achieve identified project portfolio objectives
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to manage projects and solve complex problems effectively, efficiently and with creativity
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks under pressure
* Capable of managing highly confidential information
* Ability to self-manage, set priorities and operate with minimal direct supervision
* Demonstrated PC skills, proficient with MS Office Suite, spreadsheet and database applications
* Ability to work with all levels of employees and management and successfully build relationships
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Master's degree in a related field
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group (SMG) is a successful, performance-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across more than 130 primary care and specialty care clinics.