Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
When dealing with the complex securities finance markets - from stock borrowing and lending to repo, from securities finance to collateral management - finance professionals need a consolidated view of their positions.
Making best use of every opportunity makes best use of capital while remaining focused on the most important priority of all: profit.
Whether on the supply or demand side, FIS' comprehensive range of market data, securities finance and collateral management solutions gives you the efficiency to run smarter operations and the agility to capitalize on opportunities.
FIS' comprehensive securities finance and collateral management solutions gives your bank the efficiency and agility to grow to new heights.
What you will be doing:
* Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
* Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts and access to existing information as needed.
* Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
* Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
* Interacts with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
* Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
* Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
* Assigns and monitors work of project team providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
* Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
* Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
* Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
* Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application
* Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
* Knowledge of financial services industry
* Knowledge of company's products and services
Added Bonus if you have:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification may be required.
What we offer you
* Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
* Training across core financial, sales and FIS solutions
* A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
* A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
* A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
* A competitive salary and benefits
* A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
* A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
* Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset