About SUEZ in North America
SUEZ in North America operates across all 50 states and Canada with 6,700 employees dedicated to environmental sustainability and smart and sustainable resource management. The company provides drinking water, wastewater and waste collection service to 6.4 million people on a daily basis; treats over 600 million gallons of water and over 450 million gallons of wastewater each day; delivers water treatment and advanced network solutions to 16,000 industrial and municipal sites; processes 55,000 tons of waste for recycling; and rehabilitates and maintains water assets for more than 4,000 municipal and industrial customers. The company is a subsidiary of Paris-based SUEZ.
The Senior Project Manager is accountable for working closely with the business and technology to ensure the success of all projects under their supervision. Throughout the life cycle of each project, the manager tracks and reports project status, while managing project resources to mitigate issues and risks.
The Senior Project Manager works with the business to build the business case and then plans, executes, and delivers all projects on time, on budget, and within scope in accordance with business priorities. As well as:
* Create a partnership relationship with the business sponsor and ensure the delivery of a successful PPM (Project Portfolio Management) service.
* Define and create project plans for Project delivery and implementation.
* Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value.
* Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria.
* Build, lead, and coach multiple project teams throughout project lifecycles and disciplines such as Resource Management, Issue Management, Risk Management, Scope Management, etc.…
* Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects.
* Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered.
* Ensure all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company.
* Continually update relevant business stakeholders of project status.
* Ensure all projects meet success parameters and financial (e.g. - ROI) targets stated in business case.
* Other duties as required or directed to ensure the achievement of the position objectives and other business objectives of Suez.
* Excellent project management, organization, and team collaboration skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent facilitation, collaboration, negotiation, and presentation skills.
* Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment.
* Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability.
* Strong team leadership skills.
* Strong knowledge of business objectives.
* Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously.
* Ability to manage a range of activities in a busy and fast-changing operating environment.
* Understanding of software development life cycles (i.e. Waterfall, Agile; Iterative, SCRUM, RUP, etc.…)
* Proficient with the Project and Portfolio Management Tools (MS Project, Clarity, Planview, etc.)
* Comprehensive understanding of PMLC & SDLC concepts
* Experience in Utilities industry preferred.
* BS, Computer Science, Management
* PMI, Prince or equivalent Project Management Certification
* ITIL Certification preferred
Work Experience Needed
* At least 5 years of experience delivering large scale projects over $1M in budget
* Experience working in a formal PMO structure
* PMLC/SDLC experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.