Under general direction of the Director, Program Deployment, the Senior Project Manager is the single point of contact for our utility customers deploying the company's analytics solutions. The role is accountable for flawless execution of contracts and projects. This includes analysis and reporting of the financial performance of the program, weekly internal status reporting, and managing the efforts of the project team to meet the contractual technical requirements. Significant time will be spent working closely with the utility customer to develop requirements, project plans and schedules, and ensuring customer acceptance. The Sr Project Manager shall also lead regular project status updates with the customer and project team to ensure issues are being driven to resolution, risks are properly managed and escalated when appropriate, and that the project is properly controlled and on target. The Sr Project Manager must follow existing, standardized procedures for managing projects to ensure timely completion of projects on budget, within scope, and with complete customer satisfaction. The individual must have a thorough understanding of electric utility power system operations, all phases project management, able to adhere to the company's Order-to-Acceptance project management process, as well as PMI methodology. This position also requires strong leadership skills and outstanding customer relationship management skills, the ability to work across all business units within Landis+Gyr, and continual participation and contribution in improving Landis+Gyr internal procedures.
The Sr Project Manager should quickly develop strong knowledge of the L+G solutions utilized on the assigned project or projects to facilitate customer confidence in the Sr Project Manager's ability to oversee the technical aspects of the project and assigned technical resources. Flexibility and the capability to quickly and effectively respond to changing and evolving issues and customer requests is an essential skill for the position, along with having the ability to diffuse tense issues, properly manage customer expectations, and proactively manage issues and risks before the customer is impacted. Effective communication with all levels of an organization, both internally at L+G as well as the customer is also necessary.
* Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to members of the project team
* Acting as the face of Landis + Gyr to our customers, develop a trusted, collaborative partnership with the customer and project team
* Conduct periodic performance reviews of project team and provide feedback
* Understand contract administration and manage all contractual obligations, performance levels, and service levels
* Initiate, plan, execute, control, ensure final customer acceptance of assigned customer projects.
* Coordinates and drives the activities of the team and indirect support resources to produce deliverables agreed upon with executive, program offices and/or functional management
* Drive issues to resolution independently or via other company resources and manage customer expectations appropriately
* Responsible for reporting financial health of projects; budgeting, & forecasting, as well as triggering the invoicing process
* Manage a project's scope, schedule, and cost while proactively managing risk
* Write Playbook documents to facilitate standardized procedures for managing and deploying software solutions
* Ensure all internal stakeholders (Finance, Sales, Operations, Product Management, executive management) are apprised of status, KPIs, issues, and risks
* Identify professional service opportunities to grow the business and expand the customer's use of our solution
* Perform other tasks or requests as required
* Knowledge of electric utility operations.
* Expertise in how utilities operate, various back end IT systems (MDM, AMI, OMS, GIS, DMS, SCADA, CIS, DRMS) that they use, information stored in these systems, their functionality and operation.
* Power system analysis. Expertise in electric system asset modeling, mathematical algorithms and methodologies used in all of the above systems. This also including combining/layering information from the above systems to extract significantly more value than those systems alone.
* Experience with analytics preferred.
* Software development knowledge. The ideal candidate should understand how to manage software projects and understand the software development lifecycle.
* The candidate should have extensive knowledge in gathering customer requirements.
* Thorough knowledge of PMI methodology and standards, and can adhere to company PM procedures and tools/templates/systems
* Strong experience with typical project management tools to ensure assigned project(s) remain on schedule, on budget, and within scope
* Ability to work within a matrix organization and lead resources that may or may not be dedicated to the project(s)
* Can use influence to ensure indirect resources support the assigned project(s) when required
* Ability to think and react quickly with a large degree of accuracy, confidence, and focus on customer satisfaction
* Strong leadership qualities and the ability to make solid decisions confidently and without perfect information
* Experience with deploying technical, complex solutions to customers
* Strong contract management skills and can manage scope and identify issues requiring documented contract change orders
* Understands how to control projects via effective KPIs and risk management
* Possesses P&L and financial knowledge and ability to forecast revenues and expenses
* Strong ability to resolve conflicts and diffuse tense situations with customers
* Through strong organization skills and hard work, ensure all aspects of a project are properly managed and moving toward resolution
* Ability to accept change and respond to setbacks with minimal disruptions
* Strong customer relationship skills
* Communicates with ease up and down an organization, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Exhibits behaviors consistent with company values
* Bachelor's Degree in Power Systems Engineering or Electrical Engineering
* 12 years experience in managing technical projects, especially software projects
* Experience in the utility industry with knowledge of utility distribution systems
* PMP certification and strong working knowledge of PMI methodology
* Ability to travel on average 50%
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability VEVRAA Federal Contractor