About Press Ganey:
Press Ganey pioneered the health care performance improvement movement more than 30 years ago. Today, Press Ganey offers an integrated suite of solutions that enable enterprise transformation across the patient journey. Delivered through a cutting-edge digital platform built on a foundation of data security, Press Ganey solutions address safety, clinical excellence, patient experience and workforce engagement. The company works with more than 33,000 health care facilities in its mission to reduce patient suffering and enhance caregiver resilience to improve the overall safety, quality and experience of care.
Responsible for driving and coordinating the planning, control and monitoring of, at least two large projects and several medium projects, to meet specific constraints in time limit, budget, and resources. This position works systematically using standardized project management control processes to effectively monitor and check the progress of software projects from Discovery and Design through Development and Deployment. The Senior Project Manager acts as the central point of contact for status, requirements change control, and issue resolution for assigned projects. This position will also be responsible for sharing the administration and user support related to Agile development and PPM tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
Lead the day-to-day management and coordination of at least two large projects and several medium projects starting with Discovery and Design through Development and Deployment.
Percentage of Time
* Ensure that the development teams are practicing/following core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
* Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related meetings.
* Collaborate closely with Product Owners, IT Leaders, and other Project Managers.
* Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress and maintain process documentation.
* Assist the team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition; remove distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal; facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
* Manage the agreed user stories and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters.
* Possess a strong ability to foresee risks/issues and raise awareness along with planning mitigations and removing impediments.
* Empower the teams to self-organize; improve the productivity of the sprint teams; ensure that the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially releasable.
* Participate in the organization and planning of the development schedule based on methodology that has been developed to create a cohesive plan with identifiable platform dependencies and major milestones.
* Effectively evaluate team members' performance and provide input as requested.
Serve as liaison between IT and other departments to ensure success of projects.
Percentage of Time
* Present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
* Possess knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of PG associate trust and confidence in the project team.
Adhere to, improve upon, and communicate Project Management standards and best practices
Percentage of Time
* Continuously improve project management skills in order to improve the effectiveness and efficiencies of PG projects.
* Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and information sharing.
* Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
* Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to business.
* Effectively apply our methodology and enforce project standards.
* Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
* Possess general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
* Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on PG systems.
* Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
Update information on and provide user support for the Agile development and PPM tools.
Percentage of Time
* Update the Agile tracking system to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs.
* Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice.
* Support Development Managers and Project Leads as necessary.
* Act as a resource for questions regarding the Agile and PPM tools and educate on the use of the Agile tool in creating epics, features, and user stories.
* Troubleshoot problems and issues related to the PPM tools.
* Work with the PMO, Product Managers, and IT Resource Managers to identify and meet project reporting needs.
Analytical & Problem Solving
Introduces new approaches
* Searches for ideas or solutions that have worked in other environments and applies them.
Personally takes significant risks
* Anticipates the risks involved in taking action. Plans for contingencies.
Makes decisions in situations where there is scope for interpretation of rules
* As needed, involves the right people in the decision-making process.
* Balances the risks and implications of decisions across multiple issues.
Analyzes complex relationships
* Recognizes root cause of issues. Sees connections, patterns or trends in the information available.
* Identifies the implications and possible consequences of trends or events.
Adapts communication to others
* Takes others' perspectives into account when communicating, negotiating or presenting arguments.
Anticipates and adapts to client needs
* Uses understanding of client's perspective to identify constraints and advocate on their behalf.
* Works with clients to adapt services, products or solutions to meet their needs.
Leadership & Organizational
Understands informal structure
* Understands and recognizes informal structures; can identify key decision makers.
Controls resource use
* Allocates and controls resources and assets within project.
Demonstrates the benefit of ideas
* Presents pros and cons and detailed analyses to emphasize the value of an idea.
Manages the process for change
* Explains the process, implications and rationale for change to those affected by it.
Promotes ongoing learning and development; peer to peer
* Helps team members develop their skills and abilities.
Aligns team with organization's values and ethics
* Fosters a climate of trust within the work team. Interacts with others fairly and objectively.
Self Management & Development
Seeks learning opportunities beyond current requirements
* Sets challenging goals and standards of excellence for self in view of growth beyond current job.
Adapts to prolonged stress
* Effectively withstands the effects of prolonged exposure to stress by modifying work methods.
Acts promptly in a crisis situation
* Acts quickly to address a crisis situation drawing on appropriate resources and experience.
Develops plans for a project
* Considers a range of factors in the planning process. Sets priorities for tasks in order of importance.
Surpasses established expectations
* Exceeds current expectations and pushes for improved results in own performance.
Demonstrates leadership in teams
* Builds relationships with team members and with other work units.
* Shares experiences, knowledge and best practices with team members.
Adapts to a variety of changes
* Adapts to new ideas and initiatives across a wide variety of situations.
Anticipates and addresses sources of potential conflict
* Anticipates and takes action to avoid/reduce potential conflict.
Seeks new networking opportunities for self and others
* Seeks opportunities to partner and transfer knowledge. Initiates and develops diverse relationships.
Experience & Education
Bachelor's Degree and 3 to 7 years of project management experience, with:
* Demonstrated experience leading Agile Scrum teams and working closely with product owners and technical teams implementing solutions
* Two or more years of experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Project Manager
* Five or more years' experience managing multiple large, complex and cross functional projects, with emphasis on systems, technologies, business process redesign, and knowledge of technical environments.
* Experience managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
* Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
Special Working Conditions
May include working outside of normal business hours and some travel.
All positions at Press Ganey require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The specific checks are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Press Ganey, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Press Ganey's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required for the position.
For more information about Press Ganey, visit our website at pressganey.com.
Press Ganey Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and well committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Notice - Press Ganey will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
About Press Ganey
Transforming the patient experience through integrated data, advanced analytics and strategic advisory services.