Secure your tomorrow with Unisys: A great place to learn and grow your career! At Unisys, every associate makes a difference. Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, explore local and global challenges, and solve complex technology issues with creative solutions and diverse teams. You are part of a team that drives change and delivers results on a daily basis. Our success is a direct result of our people.
Provides team leadership and creativity in development and implementation of services engagements. Uses strong project management skills to lead the delivery of medium to large sized projects within planned timelines, budget, margins and quality specifications. Directs multiple and complex projects or sub-projects, including project financials. Directs the development and integration of project deliverables. Manages and leads large work teams (up to 50 or more architects, consultants and managers), sets objectives and priorities, assigns and reviews tasks, and identifies and manages staffing requirements. Manages performance, learning and development, and career paths for a team of people. Establishes strong client relationships, and leverages industry expertise to translate the client's long-range business plan into a services strategy. Identifies and pursues new business opportunities within the existing client base.
Project Management and Service Delivery
* Uses strong project management skills and delivery methodologies to lead the delivery of medium to large sized projects within planned timelines, budget, margins and quality specifications.
* Profitably manages the delivery of a large number and broad range of projects through the full life cycle. Consistently and independently delivering high value, 'client ready' work.
* Directs multiple project work teams with delivery, architecture and sales staff. Directs development and integration of project deliverables. Sets objectives and priorities, assigns and reviews tasks, performance and staffing requirements.
* Writes accurate and effective statements of work so that both the client and Unisys staff understands the project expectations and roles.
* Uses appropriate methodologies (such as risk mitigation/management, change/control management and contract management) to manage major projects or a group of projects.
* Proactively reports project risk and deliverable issues to superiors for assistance as soon as possible.
* Establishes and manages the project plan (development, delivery schedule, resource requirements, 3rd parties, cost budget methodology, tools, standards and quality).
* Applies business process redesign and/or information planning methodologies to client business problems. Combines knowledge of business process redesign and/or information planning methodologies with a deep knowledge of their domain and/or solution to sell, design and deliver a full range of solutions.
* Manages project work teams and the development and integration of project deliverables.
* Sets objectives and priorities, assigns and reviews tasks, performance and staffing requirements.
* Staffs projects and maintains the resource plan.
* Provides mentoring, development and performance feedback to team members.
Business Development and Client Relationship Management
* Interfaces with client's senior management levels up to CEO/CIO level to understand their business challenges.
* May generate and participate in new business opportunities that result in profitable revenue growth within the client. Creating change orders when additional work required is outside the original contracted scope of the project and/or services proposal activity in Unisys portfolio areas.
* Develops strong client relationships Interfaces with client's technical executives to understand their business challenges and recommend innovative integrated business solutions.
* Communicates deliverables, conducts client meetings, obtains required client sign off and specifications, client acceptance and billing.
* Manages the performance of internal and external service providers in order to ensure the implementation of deliverables and resulting client satisfaction. Interfaces with sub-contractors.
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 12+ years of related Project Management experience
* Prior work experience should include:
o Applying risk mitigation/management methodology when developing, capturing and delivering services.
o Developing relationships with a variety of clients in a broad range of industries.
o Obtaining in-depth knowledge of one's area of specialization, field or technology.
* Successfully completed PMI or IPMA professional certification.
* University degree or equivalent education and experience.
* Active participation in professional associations, industry roundtables, etc.