At E2Open, a Sr. Project Engineering Manager, is the customer facing Technical Lead for projects implementing best in class software for global supply chains. Responsible for managing the full lifecycle of an enterprise software development project, including aspects of design, development, UAT and deployment. Accountable for the on-time and on-budget delivery project or group of projects.
The role will be responsible for ensuring key activities are completed such as architecture reviews and that we are following Best Practices/PMO requirements, development and infrastructure standards as well as client contractual requirements, the delivery of the solution configuration per the project schedule and allocated budget. An understanding of the technical domain is crucial to ensure the team is on the right path to meet delivery goals. As the technical lead you may make technical and/or project recommendations on any course corrections necessary, helping address the issues, helping with mitigation strategies, and/or help the Program Manager do forward and near-term strategy planning. The role is responsible for escalating roadblocks and managing a tight schedule. Issues should be addressed timely as well as identify warning signs and mitigate occurrences in the future.
* Dotted line management of technical implementation teams of 5-15 developers, testers including ownership of project health and management of risks, issues, delivery and project/tasks completion.
* Develop and execute project work plan according to project scope, deadlines, client needs and resource availability for multiple simultaneous projects.
* Oversee and Monitor project team activities and drive resolution of delays or technical issues.
* Work with resource managers and Program Manager as needed for resource or change management needs
* Manage internal status meetings, gathering/understanding customer requests with the Business Program Mangers or internal teams.
* Provide timely and effective scorecard RYG and issue status reporting.
* Understands the triple constraint of scope/schedule/cost and can drive the scope change business need and priority discussions internally and externally as needed.
* Ensure consistent and seamless project delivery and status/impacts with the client.
* Bachelor's degree Required, Master's degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
* 5+ years of technical project management experience.
* Enterprise software project management experience.
* Self-starter who can dive in to complex projects and take it forward with minimal supervision.
* Proficient with productivity tools: MS Office, Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar project planning tools.
* Must be process oriented and have strong organizational skills.
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
* Ability to provide competent and proactive leadership.
* Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners.
* Ability to work with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Additional Bonus Qualifications:
* Experience with Unix, Groovy and Java
* Experience with supply chain solutions
* Experience with EDI, with payloads like X12, EDIFACT, OAGIS and transmission standards like AS2, sFTP, We