The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The MTACC/ESA/LIRR is seeking an experienced Communications Systems Network and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Engineer to manage and perform construction oversight services for the deployment of an integrated communications systems network throughout the Project area.
The selected individual will be responsible for the day-to-day monitoring and execution of project plans, installation, testing, and commissioning of deployed SCADA networks. They shall also be responsible for schedule adherence and assuring others (internal/external) comply with and meet published schedules in order to meet critical project milestones. This responsibility includes the monitoring and reporting of project progress, development of project progress reports, and development of project deliverables. In addition, the position is responsible to coordinate with the various project teams, inter/intra office/discipline coordination, contractor change order management, negotiations, and construction management as required.
* BS or MS in communications, electrical engineering
* Minimum of 5 of experience, demonstrating a progression of responsibility including design, implementation and management experience
* EIT, P.E., BICSI - RCDD/OSP. and/or PMI, PMP is desirable
* Experience in multiple technical disciplines to execute technical work plans and schedules while maintaining project budgets and schedules
* Strong knowledge of and practical working experience in design and implementation of communications systems, networks, and SCADA solutions
* Knowledge and experience with interpreting engineering and construction drawings utilizing AutoCAD and/or Microstation Viewers
* Knowledge of and practical working experience with applicable codes, standards, and regulations to include IEEE, FCC, ADA, NEC, NFPA, and others as it pertains to communications systems designs
* Carrier-grade fiber optic network design supporting Gigabit Ethernet services and core enterprise operations
* Knowledge of and practical working experience with Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI) analysis and assessment to ensure Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC)
* Structured cabling infrastructure, grounding, and telecommunications equipment room and Data Center designs
* Network design including system architecture, VLAN, Layers 1, 2, and 3, and various switching configurations
* Knowledge of and practical working experience with SCADA systems, platforms, and applications, to include software programming, configuration, PLC platforms, Operating Systems, client servers supporting OPC, OLE, and/or DDE communications
* Knowledge of and practical working experience with Microsoft Office productivity suite including Word, Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint.
* Knowledge of and practical working experience with Primavera or other scheduling software
* Knowledge of and practical working experience with file sharing applications such as ProjectWise, SharePoint, or other web-based data sharing programs/applications.
Other Essential Requirements:
* Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, have a vehicle available and have the ability to travel within the Northeast or as required
* Candidate must be willing to travel on occasion and as required by the project(s), and adhere to applicable Policies and Procedures
* May occasionally be required to work outdoors in wide variety of weather conditions and facilities
* May be required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. of equipment
* May be required to traverse underground tunnel and railroad right of way environments.
* Candidate must recognize the need and be willing to work non-business hours as required. This position likely involves nights and weekends
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.