Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
As a Senior Project Engineer - Software on the Operations Software Team at Dexcom, you will plan, manage, develop and troubleshoot manufacturing software projects including desktop, web, and manufacturing equipment software supporting Dexcom's FDA-regulated manufacturing processes.
Functional Description: Technical Individual Contributor
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for enhancements and new products. Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, cloud-based and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
Possesses broad understanding of technical principles and theories. Ability to synthesize external data and research findings for application that may impact technical objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work closely with software team, test station team, equipment automation team, process engineering team, quality, legal, document control team and business stakeholders to ensure successful execution and delivery of the manufacturing software projects.
* Facilitate full software product development lifecycle, including concept, requirements definition, design, release and maintenance.
* Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress using Jira, Jama, Confluence for metrics, requirements and documentation.
* Review and evaluate designs and project activities for FDA compliance with quality assurance guidelines and standards.
* Understand medical device waterfall software development and V&V process and participate in efforts to improve software development life cycle processes.
* Utilize Agile principle for project delivery and conduct scrum master responsibilities including scrum planning and daily standups.
* Create/close change order plans (COP), identify key milestones, manage risks, and keep track of change order(CO) in product lifecycle management software(Oracle Agile).
* Engage software development vendors to develop the software project, manage the vendors including budget, timeline and resources and lead the business status and deliverable meetings.
* Connect across departments and ensure the project communications.
* Provide Jira expertise and training to operations teams.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 5-8 years related experience or Master's degree and 2-5 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 0-2 years experience.
* Experience working as requirement/quality/product/project engineer for product manufacturing software or
* Experience developing or validating software for product manufacturing cells and stations
* Quick learner and adjust easily to a dynamic, ever-changing environment
* 3+ years of experience leading projects from inception to completion (release) in a Project Management and Scrum Master capacity.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
* Outstanding time management and organization skills
* Proficient with software technical documentations.
* Experience in hardware equipment software
* Experience in FDA regulated software development
* Experience in using document, task, defect, requirement and test case management systems such as Oracle Agile PLM, Jira, Jama, Confluence, etc.
* Demonstrates successes in technical proficiency and independent thought.
* Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an indepth evaluation of various factors.
* Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
* Bachelor's degree (BS) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline
* 0 - 24%
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to perform the following Physical Activity: Standing, walking, sitting, using hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell. May be required to lift 0 lbs. to over 100 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to the following environmental conditions: Wet or humid conditions, work near moving parts, work in high - precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat (non-weather), extreme cold (non-weather), risk of electric shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration. The noise level in this work environment can range from quiet to very loud.
Please note: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Dexcom, Inc. is a company that develops, manufactures and distributes continuous glucose monitoring systems for diabetes management.