PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play -it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Programmer, UI and Game Simulations
San Diego Studio - Sorrento Valley, CA
We will consider mid-level to senior professional experience
The "MLB - The Show" development team at San Diego Studio is a talented and energetic team with the long-term focus of delivering award winning sports games, year after year. We're looking for talented candidates who are enthusiastic about game programming, and have positive mental attitudes.
The programmer will help support and enhance tools and technology for the "MLB -The Show" product line on all supported PlayStation platforms. The programmer will learn the current, in-house code, and become responsible for specific areas of that code. The programmer will help add features to the game, and will assist in the redesign and enhancement of specific areas of the existing code base.
* Learn and maintain existing runtime code
* Learn and maintain existing tools
* Provide support for user interface artists
* Build and maintain new runtime code
* Build and maintain new tools
* Research and experiment with new implementation techniques
* Game industry (or related) experience
* Understand the basic rules of baseball
* Strength programming in C++
* Experience with user interface programming and/or tools
* Ability to write efficient/compact code with limited resources
* Ability to design and implement modular and easily extensible solutions
* Strong math skills
* Strong communication skills
* Background in sports a plus
* C# a plus
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.