This position is responsible for working closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations. Payment and billing systems experience is highly preferred.
Ensures compliance with established Company policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Right to Financial Privacy Act (state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act.
* Provide training and support to less experienced Programmers.
* Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
* Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
* Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
* Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
* Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
* Demonstrates an understanding of core banking systems and the financial services industry.
* Analyzes requirements, and translates business requirements into product designs.
* Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
* Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
* Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
* Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
* May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals and programmers with less experience.
* Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company's goals and values.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
* Performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Computer/Management Information Systems and at least 5+ years of related experience and/or training. Work related experience must consist of information systems in the financial services industry, specifically associated to Information Security and Compliance. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be Information Technology, business or financial industry related.
* Master's degree preferred.
* Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
* Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
* Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
* Advanced skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
* Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
* Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
* Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
* Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
* Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
* Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
* Current California driver's license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
About Hanmi Financial
Hanmi Financial is the holding company for Hanmi Bank.