Do you enjoy partnering and collaborating with multiple disciplines and enabling technology teams to deliver scalable solutions on time, with quality to customers? Do you enjoy planning and managing technology projects, leveraging data to make project level decisions? Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing business app in Microsoft's history. We're leveraging what we've learned about communications to expand with an offering for Microsoft consumer users. We are looking for a strong Senior Program Manager who can manage complex and high value release across teams and organization to join us to deliver on our mission. We are a fast-paced start-up-style team eager to deliver great products for our end users.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead and coordinate the Planning, Execution and Release activities for Teams 4 Life . You'll work closely with our engineering, partner ecosystem and business development to define project plans and ensure milestones are completed on time and with quality. This role involves leveraging data to make informed decisions about project health, as well as communicating status to project stakeholders. You will have direct exposure to leadership and the benefit of working with a great team of engineers and program managers who are equally committed to delivering innovative cloud business solutions for our customers.
The successful candidate is a person with project management and cross-group collaborations skills, with the ability to schedule and prioritize work against multiple deadlines and the ability to direct teams to success. The ability to thrive in an ambiguous and dynamic environment are essential.
* 5+ years of software program management or release management experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field
* Demonstrated experience shipping products on a biweekly cycle
* Demonstrated experience leveraging data analysis to solve complex problems and influence product decisions
* Familiarity with Microsoft security and compliance processes
* Knowledge of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Define or evolve existing frameworks that align with Teams central release process for project planning, execution and release activities.
* Drive regular rhythm with engineering teams and partners as needed to ensure issues, action items and risks are tracked and have mitigation and resolution plans in place
* Provide project status updates to stakeholders
* Build and maintain project health dashboards and provide awareness with respect to project health metrics
* Facilitate the definition and completion of Release Criteria for major milestones
* Help bridge the gap across project stakeholders and dependencies
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.