Senior Program Manager
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help top global Media & Communication companies use cloud computing to solve some of their most challenging issues? Would you like to gain the deepest customer insights on maximizing the value of the cloud and taking that knowledge back into the underlying technologies themselves?
Following Microsoft's mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team enables high impact organizations to achieve more and drive the value of our Intelligent Cloud and Edge.
We are looking to expand our team with a Senior Program Manager who demonstrates deep technical knowledge, experience in the software development lifecycle, and in managing and delivering large cross-functional programs using modern software engineering practices. You will have the executive presence and problem-solving skills to build strong, influential relationships with companies by helping them solve their most complex technical problems. As part of the role, you will use your industry experience to contribute to various Microsoft groups, providing feedback and influencing the roadmap for future product releases.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
Here is what we'd like from you or be passionate to learn about:
* Functional knowledge in cloud computing and mobile technologies, and a drive to continuously learn (Required)
* Understanding of business drivers, and emerging trends across the Media & Communications industries (Required)
* Strong knowledge of software development lifecycles and a track record of working closely with a large development team (Required)
* Ability to leverage and harness data from various sources to interpret patterns and trends with application across the Program Management teams and Media and Communications industry stakeholders
* Strong communication and presentation skills, experience presenting to large and small groups
* Experience leveraging diverse perspectives, technologies and organizations to pro-actively respond to customer needs in an integrated and aligned manner (Required)
* Minimum of 5+ years of experience in program management, project management or consultant role (Required)
* Able to travel 25% (will require international travel)
* BS/BA degree, Masters in Computer Science (Preferred)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Scope customer engagements focused on clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria
* Working across multiple teams in Microsoft as a key operational stakeholder managing customer engagements. This role will be responsible to execute an operational and project level rhythm in support of delivering customer results
* We require an individual with a strong track record demonstrating abilities to structure and solve complex problems, communicate to senior decision makers in a clear, compelling way, and drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization
* Leverage analysis/data analytics to generate insights on customer engagement, delivered solutions, and technology impact to inform and recommend ways to reshape our business, propose new business models and enhance our ecosystem through broad application of solutions and influencing the product roadmap
* Foster a data-driven culture by solving cross-organizational problems, sharing best practices, and creating insightful dashboards and Power BI views that help optimize customer engagements.
* Use tools and technology to input, track and report on projects working with technical architects and engineers to record solutions applied and where those solutions can be further leveraged across the industry
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.