The Microsoft Translator team is on a mission to enable communication without language barriers across speech, text and visual communication.
In just the last year we have:
* Announced human parity in machine translation for Chinese -> English news translation. Shipped the first version of these systems in production. * Shipped Presentation Translator for PowerPoint, allowing the audience to follow live presentations in whatever language they wish * Shipped a new Azure service - Custom Translator.
Our mobile apps are used by millions of users, and the Translator service powers translations for Skype, Twitter, Bing, Office to name a few. It is used by thousands of companies around the world to translate everything, from social media to technical documents.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to help us build the best translation service for the enterprise, the developer and the consumer, with the right API, the right functionality, security, tools, examples and documentation.
* A Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computational Linguistics * Written code in the past * Awareness of the current translation and machine translation industry developments * Experience working through a full product lifecycle, from initial design to final product delivery
The following are additional qualifications that would be helpful for this job:
* Foreign language skills * Background in NLP, ML or machine translation
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Identify areas of weak service coverage and develop strategies and plans to address those. * Act on customer expressed needs, designing the right tests to evaluate the problem, and to validate the fix. * Design new features and enhancements to the Translator service and API. * Address the needs of developers using the service. Help developers discover its functionality. D * Drive observed translation functionality issues from inception to conclusion.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.