Are you intrigued by the challenge of building a system that can gather and maintain an understanding of every device that Microsoft's owns or that connects to Microsoft's resources? Do you have a creative spirit with a passion for delivering great experiences on large scale scenarios? Core Services Engineering and Operations team has an exciting role in the Core Platform Fundamentals (CPF) team working on a service called OneAsset.
Numerous systems already exist within Microsoft that have information about the systems in our ecosystem; Active Directory/AAD, MSAsset, SAP, various configuration manager deployments, Azure and even a handful of custom built systems. OneAsset aggregates the inventory from many of these disparate systems and we are continuously adding new sources. Once we have the data ingested, currently at 7 million assets, we then develop visualizations of the data to generate meaningful information and insights.
We're looking for candidates with the following characteristics
* 8+ years of experience creating and releasing services as a Program Manager/Product owner
* Experience building & reviewing quality user scenarios, acceptance criteria for features, and measurement of scenario outcomes
* Demonstrated ability in scenario focused design & development focused on business goals into end to end plans (e.g. scenarios, functional specs, schedules, usability, release)
* Ability to build good framework and models for prioritization, planning and execution for large projects in collaboration with stakeholders
* Passion and ability for working cross group and cross organization
* Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment
* Experience working in Azure DevOps to deliver on plans via sprints in partnership with a team of engineers
* Strong technical aptitude with excellent visual and verbal communication skills with ability to influence business and technical decision makers
* Deep knowledge in all aspects of the software engineering and development lifecycle supporting methodologies & engineering tools
* Previous knowledge working on telemetry, management and inventory technologies such as the externally products of Application Insights, LogAnalytics, Configuration Manager and the internal offerings of Geneva (http://aka.ms/Geneva) and LIM (http://aka.ms/LIM) is an advantage
* A bachelor's degree in computer science is preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In addition, numerous teams have integrated into OneAsset, each with the purpose of making Microsoft more secure, operationally productive and fiscally efficient. For example, the Modern Engineering Services and Hosting organization relies on OneAsset to drive lab workloads to the cloud and optimize the physical labs, which occupy thousands of square feet in our buildings and represents hundreds of millions of dollars in resources. Likewise, the Digital Security and Risk Engineering team relies on OneAsset to ensure that the company's information and services are protected, secured and available for appropriate use through innovation and a robust risk framework.
As the Senior Program Manager in this team, you will work closely with the stakeholders of our platform across Microsoft to understand where the enhancements required in the end-to-end system, driving the design, planning and delivering processes to make those improvements a reality.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.