Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels AWS's multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations are also looking to and depending on AWS for cloud solutions and services. The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Infrastructure Supply Chain and Procurement team is responsible for the end-to-end supply chain delivery of capacity to AWS Data Centers. At AWS, we work hard to ensure that every Amazon product or service our customers purchase is made or handled in a way that ensures respect for the rights of workers throughout our supply chain and operations.
Our AWS Infrastructure Supply Chain and Procurement team is looking for a results-oriented leader to join our Social Responsibility team. In this role, you will work to improve and drive the programs and processes that drive sustainability and social responsibility issues across AWS Infrastructure ecosystem globally. You will partner with Supply Chain, Engineering and Corporate Social Responsibility teams on the development and execution of sustainability goals and processes, and coordinate best practice sharing. This opportunity requires excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, technical environment. At the core of the position is high attention to detail, and delivering high quality results on time.
The Candidate should be comfortable in both an ambiguous, self-sufficient role, as well as one of team support and interaction. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of working with projects to their completion. The ideal candidate is motivated, agile, with strong time management and project management skills, and is technical and analytical.
* Provide leadership, strategy, and technical direction to maintain effective program operations.
* Partner with internal and external stakeholders
* Engage with suppliers to strengthen social compliance management systems
* Create and distribute regular reports on project progress, blockers, milestones, and resource needs
* Professionally communicate and present to key decision makers and senior leaders of the business
* Meet with and receive feedback from project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
* Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
* Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans with your stakeholders
* Keep abreast with industry wide social responsibility issues and best practices, and constantly enhance and/or build most appropriate proactive initiatives to affect positive change
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.