It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
* Proofpoint Engineering is looking for an enthusiast and passionate Program Manager to help various teams to deliver on their goals and provide visibility to the management team. In this role, you'll be working with world class teams - together and with individual teams - to lead the team, to help the team execute, and facilitate a cooperative environment that is both fun and productive.
* You will help run our entire SDLC, from requirements analysis and design all the way to release. Leadership is a must. We are a cloud company - so delivering product releases frequently is our thing. We also build appliances - so understanding both models is important.
* We're a software company and we're doing Agile. We run fast and you need to be fast with us. You do not need to understand how everything is built (we have architects for that) but you are required to identify possible dependencies, reach out to dependent teams and communicate clearly.
* We constantly balance new features, special customer requirements and other customer escalations. Being very organized is a must - keeping track of everything that we do is not simple!
* On the personal level, you are fun to work with, but can be serious when needed. You hate spending unnecessary time but know when relax. You're approachable and have your unique style to bring teams together to build amazing thingss
* Direct and manage the development lifecycle from beginning to end in an Agile environment
* Create the project plan and schedule, identifying the project teams, allocating and leveling the work schedule for each team member, prioritizing and targeting features and defects based on the defined project themes
* Update the team dashboard with summary metrics for each sprint
* Cultivate and maintain open communication and constructive collaboration between key stakeholders from the Engineering Management, Product Development, Operations and Customer Support
* Manage and lead projects with multiple cross-functional, matrixed teams
* Effectively set and communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
* Communicate, both written and orally, on complex issues relating to process, projects, status, and resource staffing
* Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path deliverables
* Manage the release/sprint planning and help maintain the backlog
* Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
* Lead sprint planning, sprint demos, daily stand-ups, and weekly project sync up meetings with Product Marketing, Engineering, Customer Support, & Professional Services, bug triage sessions, project planning meetings, and sprint demos
* Conduct project retrospectives and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
What you bring to the team
* Experienced Program Manager in the Software industry, in an Agile-Scrum development methodology
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Team player - our teams will rely on you leadership and cooperation is key to success
* Ability to work with multiple teams on different projects and context switch quickly between them
* Ability to work as an independent self-starter and as part of a team
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with persistence/unwavering ability to follow through
* Ability to handle stressful situations with grace and be able to tackle them one at a time and escalate as needed
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
* React and adapt promptly and efficiently to project adjustments and alterations
* Demonstrate excellent negotiation and risk mitigation skills to resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
* Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating
* Experience with delivering a product as a cloud service - a plus
* Atlassian toolset experience (Jira, Confluence)
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Proofpoint is a company developing security and compliance solutions.