As a Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing our early drug discovery projects - specifically, the deployment of our technology to identify novel drug targets in disease areas of interest. You will organise projects with highly motivated technology and drug discovery teams that are geographically, culturally, and technologically diverse, and spare no effort to make the biggest impact they can against disease.
For each project, you will work closely with a small leadership team representing the key areas of the business (drug discovery, data science, engineering); and you will coordinate the activities of a broader group of north of a dozen highly skilled individual contributors.
You will plan and execute projects where multiple stakeholders, dependencies, and outcomes must be identified, tracked and reported on. You will create structured action plans and timelines, work with partners across time zones to determine resource needs, propose priorities, and identify and manage risks. You will communicate clear and actionable deliverables, as well as keep individuals accountable for their work.
Your role is critical in realising the potential of our technology. Your success is directly tied to our success as a company: the projects you will manage are the heart of our activity. Come help us!
* 4+ years with program management of complex projects with a strong technological component, in a small to mid-sized technology company.
* Experience coordinating cross-functional teams
* Exposure to life sciences
* Excellent communicator
* Excellent organisation skills
* Experience with project management tools
* Based in New York, willing to travel (EU/US, up to 1w/month)
* Is proactive about bringing clarity, structure and order
* Plus: Project management qualifications e.g.PMP
* Partner with stakeholders to develop and evolve the playbook for deploying our products onto disease programs
* Track milestones, deadlines, timelines, resources, risks and deliverables throughout projects
* Keep teams on track, hold team members accountable, run sprint planning, and organise retrospectives
* Communicate status, outcomes, decisions and risks to stakeholders
* Manage several concurrent projects, with varying priorities, timelines, and resources
* Communicate status, decisions, and issues to stakeholders
About the NY office
We are a rapidly-growing group of 25 people from a diverse background from engineering to the life sciences. We are deeply connected to our mission: too many diseases remain untreated, and we believe it matters to build a better engine for drug discovery. Our culture is open and collaborative: our problem space is hard enough, so we create an open space for innovation. We maintain strong ties with our home office, with regular inter-office travel and transatlantic, highly collaborative teams.
Our team holds one of the key products for redesigning drug discovery: Target Identification - finding the most likely biological drivers of disease. This is one of the hardest problems in drug discovery.
We are located in Dumbo, Brooklyn, with beautiful views of New York in a friendly environment. Come join us!
Apply for this job
BenevolentAI is a company engaged in the development and application of artificial intelligence for drug discovery and development.