Come and find out what it feels to be part of a world-class team that builds the next-generation Surface products! The Surface Team creates category defining and market leading devices that transform what the PC is and take computing and productivity to a whole new level. Building a device that leads the market is not an easy task, it requires rigorous engineering work and execution excellence both in design and problem solving.
Our world is full of sensors. The types and pervasiveness of sensors in all aspects of computing and our lives continues to grow and become more instrumental in creating differentiated experiences. We are seeking a talented individual with passion for developing new and innovative sensors enabled technologies and experiences working with multi-discipline teams to join the Surface Sensors team.
* Multiple ship-cycles experience owning and leading teams in defining, developing, verifying and launching consumer/enterprise sensors enabled features or similar to production.
* Minimum five years of experience with embedded system software development, associated development processes, HW/SW development lifecycles, and managing external/3rd party partners.
* Working knowledge of traditional MEMS and optical sensors hardware designs, with deep understanding of tradeoffs and mitigations for mobile device designs.
* Working knowledge of Windows Sensors software stack, APIs and available algorithms, and related software applications for mobile/PC products.
* Experience driving sensors subsystems hardware bring-up, manufacturing calibration, testing and tuning processes preferred.
* Strong cross-group collaboration with focus on solving complex problems; ability to deal with ambiguity, detail-oriented, operate autonomously and working in prioritized manners.
* Strong communication skills written and verbal; ability to understand/distill complex technical information/situations and communicate to non-experts.
* 5+ years of experience in program and project management to ship consumer or enterprise-class products.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
* Some domestic and international travel required.
* Familiarity and experience with top MEMS and optical sensors industry leaders, their capabilities and limitations, strengths and weaknesses.
* Experience with embedded and secure sensor hub architectures as well as leading RTOS's is desired.
* Familiarity and experience with RF, SAR and Doppler sensors.
* 3+ years of experience in embedded and secure software development with relevant PM experience
* Successful experience defining scenarios and requirements, and writing functional specifications
* Track record of effectively collaborating across multiple feature teams and disciplines
* Master's degree in an imaging or optical field, PMI certification.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The sensors PM role require multiple ship-cycle experience in delivery of sensors enabled experiences for mobile/PC consumer electronics products. We need someone with deep experience with sensors programs with specific expertise in MEMS-enabled technologies as well as optical and motion sensors; taking it from initial concepts to a fully specified designs with known risks, cost and schedule. The PM will work closely with internal/external systems and engineering teams to deliver the design and user experience of the sensors subsystem; and must drive the iterative development and manufacturing processes to reach final release/mass production within size, cost, and schedule constraints.
* Deliver Surface sensors subsystem programs by working cross-discipline teams in hardware/software feature development, verification engineering, reliability, research, FM/NPI and business support groups such as sourcing and legal.
* Lead development teams to create end-to-end customer experiences, goals, program plans, specifications, performance/quality metrics, production qualification plans, and conduct executive reviews.
* Create and manage development process, tools, budget, NDAs, author Statement of Works, contracts, and participate in cost negotiations with external partners.
* Develop and actively manage program schedules, deliverables, scorecards, execution plans, bugs triage and investigations.
* Proactively identify program risks and issues, and work with the teams to identify timely and actionable mitigations.
* Organize and present program reviews/status/recommendations to engineering, business leaders, and senior management.
* Collaborate with Windows OS, platforms, applications, research and external partner teams to plan and drive feature roadmaps and delivery of innovative sensor features into Surface products.
* Help define multi-year sensors technology roadmaps spanning both software and hardware; own and manage the feature backlog including scenarios and feature health.
* Establish and manage strong working relationships with domestic and international partners.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.