The Microsoft Devices Engineering Services team is looking for a strong, motivated, independent, and energetic Program Manager to drive complex project requirements, cross-team communication, and execution accountability across both technology and business projects to enable the Devices Engineering teams.
We are responsible for building, developing, improving, and sustaining internal tools and IT infrastructure supporting the Microsoft Devices engineering organization. We're looking for a motivated Program Manager to deliver innovative solutions and technologies through utilization of strong Solution, Stakeholder, Change, Communications, and Risk Management within an Agile Scrum environment.
We are investing in the development and application of technology to optimize the operational efficiencies within our processes with a focus on simplicity, scalability, sustainability and security.
As a DES Program Manager you will own planning, design and delivery of amazing software products and experiences to our customers. The PM plays a critical role in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external partner teams, designing positive user experiences, and working closely with the development and quality organization to deliver scenarios that delight.
The ideal candidate has proven, demonstratable capabilities in services design, driving and delivering end-to-end scenarios providing best in class customer experiences, and is a collaboration master who can develop and foster strong relationships across a broad set of stakeholders.
* Minimum of 6 years of proven Program Manager experience developing customer facing, scalable services, and applications
* Minimum 3 years defining, documenting and improving processes
* Proven record of innovation and program results
* Demonstrable experience defining and refining process workflows
* Ability to collaborate and work toward resolution with a diverse set of customers and stakeholders
* Confident and articulate at expressing ideas to a diverse audience with varying views and challenges.
* Ability to effectively operate and drive results in undefined and highly ambiguous scenarios
* Strong analytical skills, combined with a strategic orientation, as well as an aptitude for solving complex business problems.
* Ability to resolve ambiguity or conflict situations to bring teams and business groups into alignment.
* Technical problem-solving and skills using data analysis and escalation management in a complex environment.
* Experience managing projects with multiple work streams and partners; demonstrated strategic planning abilities.
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to impact & influence key stakeholders.
* Familiar with Agile project management practices.
* A passion for amazing customer experiences and taking on huge challenges
* Demonstrated track-record of self-directed execution
* Demonstrated ability to identify cross-team differences, lead a positive collaboration and resolve issues
* Experience with Azure, Azure DevOps or other Cloud platforms a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Engaging with internal customers and partners to understand their processes, business needs and priorities.
* Display a strong improvement orientation that continually looks at how to improve processes and work approaches.
* Aligning technology-based solutions which fit within and enhance existing processes
* Assist Engineering teams in all phases of planning, as a subject matter expert, on design and user experience with a focus on security and user positive experiences
* Respectfully challenging the status-quo to bring the best solutions possible to meet both articulated and unarticulated needs.
* Identify, document, communicate, and build consensus around a set of engineering investments and scenarios across multiple teams. Manage challenging tradeoffs between product features and schedule.
* Drive definition and approval of key metrics around understanding customers' relationship with content, towards improved discovery and enhanced consumption experiences.
* Drive, from conception to release, creation of a service engineering model in which other teams can leverage investments
* Drive, from conception to release, significant features that deliver on requirements and improves the efficiency of processes
* Partner with other internal teams to develop execution plans. This includes influencing, as well as being influenced by, software and hardware partners across Microsoft developing additional components of the overall product.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.